Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:07 pm 

Shep wrote:
I apologize if you are already aware of this, but an S-series is only cheap if you already have skins and hardware. If you can find some cheap, it's about break-even. If you pay full retail, you end up paying more than the for the Mojo. However, given Burton's size, they might end up having better warranty turn-around time in the eastern hemisphere. (I know they have a major presence in Japan, so perhaps warranty work would go through there instead of N. America)

Best of Luck,
Shep

Thanks Shep,i'm aware i will have to buy hardware and skins as well.
Burton have recently opened a office in Sydney,so i would send it there if i have a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:22 pm 

Noyac wrote:
Skinning was good, no difference. But once I straped in to ride it i noticed right away how stiff it was. It took a bit of effort to turn. Not nearly as buttery smooth as my Unity. I didn't say anything to my buddy but when he first got on mine he said WOW now thats what I'm talking about. We rode the whole couloir and I figured it out and was able to ride it comfortably. I imagine someone heavier would do even better. At the end my buddy says he's selling the Mojo. It's not nearly as buttery smooth as the Unity.

I rode the Mojo 166 once last winter. Granted it was new terrain, my binding set up was not ideal, etc., but i basically had the same reaction when comparing the mojo to my mtn gun 161. i found that they toured well, but the board was too stiff and lacked feel in the turns. Buttery smooth was not my experience either. However, if I owned the Mojo, i am certain that I would adapt and experience a fine ride. Just my $0.02.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:32 pm 

DrKoKo wrote:
Noyac wrote:
Skinning was good, no difference. But once I straped in to ride it i noticed right away how stiff it was. It took a bit of effort to turn. Not nearly as buttery smooth as my Unity. I didn't say anything to my buddy but when he first got on mine he said WOW now thats what I'm talking about. We rode the whole couloir and I figured it out and was able to ride it comfortably. I imagine someone heavier would do even better. At the end my buddy says he's selling the Mojo. It's not nearly as buttery smooth as the Unity.

I rode the Mojo 166 once last winter. Granted it was new terrain, my binding set up was not ideal, etc., but i basically had the same reaction when comparing the mojo to my mtn gun 161. i found that they toured well, but the board was too stiff and lacked feel in the turns. Buttery smooth was not my experience either. However, if I owned the Mojo, i am certain that I would adapt and experience a fine ride. Just my $0.02.

I'm suprised on that feedback... I'm 6' 1" 185 and I've been riding a mojo 166 all season. To me it feels kinda mid-stiff. For comparison, the NS Titan has a much stiffer nose and the '06 Freeride is a lifeless plank. I've found the Mojo 166 to be very responsive and fun with lots of pop. Basically I fell in love on my first turn and I think the boards has really helped my riding. I've had it out in powder, ice, corn, frozen chicken heads, etc and I've been stoked in all conditions. I love this board!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:55 pm 

I'm on board with SF. it didn't feel like a particularly stiff board, but it was a lot stiffer than my Freeride 166 (same length)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:57 pm 

balls.

I've just ordered a 166 Mojo.

I'm 145lb in my socks. Have I done the wrong thing?

Anyone else riding a Mojo on the large side for their weight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:15 pm 

nedrapier,

I personally think you will be fine if you can ride. You may be on the lighter side of the weight range, but with gear you will certainly be heavy enough to flex the board in my opinion. I am just over 200 in my socks and I have the 171. I like the ride, I like the light weight.

If you wanted to go smaller you could, but that would be your call based on your ability, preferences and anticipated conditions.

DC Torch / Lowa Structura EVO AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:09 am 

I dunno...I have rode a 66 freeride, mnt gun for the past 5 years and this year i rode the 161 mojo, loved it, rode the 66 mojo on super deep days but really always kept going back to to the 61..
oh yeah 5'9 180 ride a 59 and a 63 inbounds