Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Kyber Carbon v Neversummer

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kyber Carbon v Neversummer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:05 pm 

Looking for a BC split for larger feet (US12). Any opinion on the Kyber Carbon v. Neversummer (if they still make these can't find anything on their web site so I'm gusessing they're all custom and expensive). If it matters I'm riding mostly in the Canadian Rockies and Coast range.
Thanks in advance.
Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:25 am 

Some more questions about Neversummer - since I can't find anything on their web page - do they split any of their boards and is the guy doing the split connected with NS or an independant?
Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:42 pm 

Hey Knowsam, I wear a size 12 also. With the lift from the pucks I never have had a problem with toe drag. I use AT boots at 15 front/5 rear. I think any split you want to ride will be fine.I've had a homemade split, a Split Descision, a Mountain Gun and a Mojo(2). I'm in the Wyoming Rockies. Find the ride that works for you and kill it :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:19 pm 

knowswam,

lots of good info in this forum a few threads down from the one you started... If you go the NS route, they will surely work with you to get a board that fits your size and weight. In general though, I don't think people have issues with toe drag du to the additional rise you get with split hardware. Even Will's Spark Binding will be a bit higher than a standard board/binding.

Shep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:20 am 

Go with the Never Summer if you want a split to last a long time. Bentley is who you want to talk to there. He has been making boards at NS a long time and the splits are his side project there. I love my T5 split, for wider feet you might want to think about a NS Legacy. It is true that drag is minimized with the elevated bindings though. The Prior splits are a bit lighter and cheaper, but I was able break mine after one season, a little diappointing. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:12 pm 

I haven't been dissapointed with my Never Summer Titan split. Bentley was great to work with, and the board is solid. The customer service with NS was awesome, and the boards are built to last. I haven't heard the same regarding customer service for Prior, which was why I chose the NS.