Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 171 Voile MOJO
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:34 pm 

Got to spend three days on the new MOJO thanks to Voile and DJ Barney. I got to ride the board in powder, wind crust, ice, and conditions in between. I was utterly impressed with this board as it tore up all conditions. I was equally impressed with its snappiness and ability to make quick and stable turns as well as opening it up on big moutain bowls. Voile has really done well with this board and if I had the funds I would have already sent them a check. Kudos goes out to Voile for making one hell uv a sick ride.

Post subject: 171 Mojo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:54 pm 

I have been on the new Mojo for about a month now. This is my 3rd Voile' split. One of each incarnation. The Mojo is a dream come true.Floats in pow and rips up everything else. I actually prefer it to all my other boards. I have 2 Never Summers and have owned or ridden many other brands. The only thing I haven't done is to ride some of the big peaks here in the Tetons with it yet. I am certainly looking forward to it though. Voile' has scored a slam dunk with the Mojo. Oh, I failed to mention that it is great to skin on as well. I ride in AT boots for my skinning pleasure. Just like to say thanks to David Grissom for giving me the oppurtunity to run the Mojo pre-release and put it through its paces. I wouldn't wait for fall to order one. Get your order in as soon as Voile' will take it. You won't be sorry. If you don't get one you might be if you don't.

Post subject: 171 Mojo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:00 pm 

Went out to get some corn today. Well the corn never came. So I got to try the Mojo on nobody's favorite, bulletproof,skied,refreeze. I have to say that in the past I have always considered this to be survival on snow riding. The Mojo made even these conditions fun. I just set my edge and layed it out, at high speed of course. There really aren't many options. Folks, I feel that Voile' has truely gotten it right with this board. I have ridden in pretty much every condition possible this season and the Mojo has been a pleasure in them all without exception. I don't believe I can say that about any other board I have ridden. It's light,stiff,poppy, can hold an edge like a razor, MACH,skins really well and is bomber. I got this board as a warranty of sorts, along with a Mtn. Gun and a pair of poles. Delivered to Jackson. If you are worried about buying from a not so stand up company I say go with Voile'. The Mojo is AMAZING! :D

Post subject: Mojo
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:00 am 

Over 100,000 vertical feet and still like brand new.

Post subject: Re: Mojo
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:53 pm 

split.therapy wrote:
Over 100,000 vertical feet and still like brand new.

100,000 in 2 1/2 month?
Wow... that's quite some work.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:16 pm 

100,000 ft. is easy when you ride nearly everyday. I have access to legendary terrain minutes from my house. When I'm not motivated I have a large wolfdog who needs tons of exercise. If he doesn't get it he becomes a real handful :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:48 am 

Hey Split.therapy,

In terms of stiffness (torsional and tail), how does the Mojo compare to the mountain gun or if you have ridden Never Summer models? I am debating between the Mojo, NS Titan, or the Venture Divide.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:27 am 

Hmmm... I got to ride the divide and the mojo and a normal titan last month. Certainly it seems like they were all on the same order of magnitude. I felt the divide (161) was super-poppy and, for me at least, a little jumpy. The Titan, as I expected from listening ot others, was one of the dampest boards I rode. I felt like the Mojo was in the middle.

Perhaps, this won't help you, since you asked a different question, but I can say that the Mojo and Divide both had the cajones to hold a good edge on NE ice without blowing out too much.

I have not ridden the MG, but I think the Mojo probably lands right in the middle of the SD and MG. Definitely stiffer tahn the SD, but the taper allows it to float about the same. I wouldn't bet money on it, but I think it turns a bit better too, for the same length.

Shep

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:46 am 

Hawaiiak, I have a NS Titan & Legacy. The Mojo is as stiff as my Titan but not nearly as damp. I have never ridden anything as stiff as the Legacy. The Mojo is super poppy. Really aloty of fun to ride. I like it better than the Mtn. Gun. It floats alot better in pow. Carves just as well on hard pack. Holds an edge better on the super steep. It is alot more fun in the trees than any of the above. Similar to the Mullet if you are familiar with that board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:25 am 

Thanks for the replies! Sounds like the Mojo is the way to go.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:17 am 

Yes, the Mojo is a great board. Skins really well too. I had big problems with my Spilt Decision skinning. It would flex so much skinning that the skins would peel off. Their were many days when I would go out on my slowshoes instead. I haven't touched my shoes since our base broke 48". Shep, I am originally from NY and have more experience with E.Coast ice than I care to remember. I feel very confident that the Mojo would handle east ice just fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:59 am 

s.t,

I agree. I was lucky enough to test the boards on a full-on ice day on Friday, and then get ~24" overnight on Saturday, so I was able to test the full gammut of New England conditions. :)

Shep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:57 am 

I'll be riding one of these (171) this year. Just got it from the UPS man last week.

for a 171 it feels nice and light so far.

I'll report more as the year goes on. Happy trails everyone.