Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: mojo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:25 pm 

Congrats, You'll be stoked! The Mojo is awesome. The guy's at Voile' have offered me a challange for this season. Destroy the Mojo! try and destroy the cap construction. I'll do my best. Let everyone know how it goes. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:29 pm 

I'll be riding a 171 this season as well. It went for a few trips last sping and performed well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:35 pm 

I too will be joining club Mojo this winter. Got mine two days ago. Sold my Mtn Gun 171(within hours of posting,good to see their a hot commodity) and went to the Mojo 66. You can just tell by holding&looking at it that its a big improvement over the mtn gun. I can feel the snappiness(word?). Good flex,good taper,not bad on the weight either. Cant F'n wait to see how she pops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:52 pm 

Got the 71 as well. It's my first split but it looks and feels sick. My favorite board to date is a Glissade 175 so i hope this can kill it the same way the Glissade does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:19 am 

Ha ha, same here split.therapy. I erred on the side of caution advertising that info but since the cats out of the bag.....DG is a super cool guy for doing this. Can't wait to put it to the test. Heh he.

I'll mounting this up with Will's Spark R&D's so it should be about as light as can be with strappies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:28 pm 

I can't wait for a three foot dump to get this season started then I can ride my new mountain tool:
http://SplitBoard.smugmug.com/photos/207026016-M.jpg
With the Mtn plates this thing is INSANE light! White for a snowboard is really INSANE too. Voile is INSANE!
I love white: powder, fluff, sluff, slush, mush...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:17 am 

Aw man, either I'm baked or that kitten just twisted me up a pinner and handed it to me. Probably both. :mrgreen:

I too just joined team 171 Mojo! Cant wait to get it out there tomorrow!

Post subject: new prototype top sheet
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:12 pm 

DG at Voile' just sent me a new Mojo prototype with an interesting new top sheet material. It is kind of honeycombed. I haven't gotten the scoop on it yet. The board feels a little softer and maybe lighter. I won't be able to get out on it for a while. I am too old and too beat up from my former life to ride on less than a 5' base. COME ON SNOW :!: :!: :!: :!: When I do get out on it I'll give a full report.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:44 am 

Mine is a straight up Mojo with a glossy white top sheet - same as retail from what I can tell. Feels tight and has some good backbone to it.

I'm with you split.therapy DG may want to see how tough the board is but I'm not willing to test/sacrifice my body for it just yet. In the meantime I'll pray for more signs of an early season.

I like the shape of this board.

It'll be fun to compare this to my Divide that should be here around the end of Nov.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:30 am 

I broke out the Mojo from last season. This proto is as stiff in the waist and stiffer in the tail than last years. Last years board has 100+ days on it. I'm no flyweight. Can't wait to ride them together and compare.
DFT, Are you coming down here at all this season?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:35 pm 

I plan on it - I'll be in touch as things progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:11 pm 

I knew there was a mojo 171 specific thread - this is a copy and paste from the "mojo nickname" thread in the Split Talk section.

Semi Trip Report/Mojo Report -

Went up to Beehive Basin today for some recon/hopeful turns on my spankin new '71. First outing of the year.

Beehive had anywhere from 18-24"+ of excellent fresh fluff - very hq pow. a lot came down over night but not much coverage underneath so rocks had easy potential. I was lucky and chose lines sans rocks. Touring was noticeably lighter than my prev. split and I don't even have the Spark's on it yet

Nice shape, it rode super well in what appeared at times bottomless - the mojo was fast, light and floaty. I was able to turn this thing quickly on a dime.

When I got home my Venture Divide 165 was on the porch from UPS. After rippin that 71 I immediately thought I should have gone 170 for the Divide. after setting it up though the Divide is noticeably heavier than the mojo (165 vs. 171 but much more easily repairable - a must in the Big Sky area)

I will let you know as soon as I blow an edge on the mojo. For all who ride in great coverage SN, Cascades, Wasatch etc. you will be very happy with this board. Nice touring machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:22 am 

DFT, How did you like the Mojo's ride? The first time I rode it made me feel like a little kid. Poppy, fun, and begging to go FAST! Can't wait to ride the new proto! Going out monyana for some T-Day turns. This is my native holiday. Going to harvest some early season fluff on our harvest festival day. Ah Shkin AH Go Wah!