Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone Have a Prior Backcountry
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:10 pm 

Thinking of getting a Prior Backcountry. Just wondering if anyone out there that has one would give me their two cents on it. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:49 pm 

Sorry I can't help but I'm also interested to hear any opinions. I'm considering either a Prior Backcountry or Neversummer T5.

Their dimensions (nose, waist and tail width) are almost the same except the NS has a deeper sidecut (NS=8.5 m radius, Prior=9.5 for a board with 165 length). Actually, the sidecut radius difference seems pretty big considering those other measurements only differ by about 0.5 cm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:30 pm 

I've been riding a Prior BC 161 for most of this season. I weigh 140 lbs.

It rides well. My last split was a Burton 165 and the Prior is understandably livelier (b/c it's shorter/lighter, has taper, and is maybe a tad softer). Honestly it's been more fun than the burton. I find myself doing lots of silly tricks on it that I would have passed up before. When I am in open faster terrain I haven't felt the Prior flex too much (the taco tendency), it remains stable and confidence inspiring.

I have scraped my share of rocks and aside from the unavoidable scratches in the base there have been no edge blowouts or anything bad like that.

Too be honest my only wish for improvement is not even with the board, it's the skins which come from Voile...a tail clip would be mighty nice. But overall the Voile interface is pretty simple and bomber.