Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Khyber 165 vs Voile Mtn Gun 161?

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Khyber 165 vs Voile Mtn Gun 161?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:58 am 

Anyone have thoughts on the stiffness of the new Khybers with quad glass vs the Voile Mtn Gun? I will be riding Wasatch pow so I'm leaning toward the Khyber but I also like the steeps so I'm concerned about the stiffness of the Khyber (not to mention the sidecut) ....Would the Voile be a better choice? I think the flotation and turning ability of the Khyber in the pow might outweigh any disadvantages in the steeps, but I am hoping someone out there has tried both and can offer insight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:51 am 

I am not sure, but one thing is for sure. The Mtn. Gun probably had the most of the testing and design mod's based on Wasatch riding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:50 am 

I can give a quick rundown on the solid Khyber 165. I just got back from using it for the first time (for 7 days). The board is my favorite board I have owned yet! The construction and ride feel reminds me of my old school Ride Timeless, Circa 1996 (before they went to capped crap). (Maybe that's harsh, as I am somewhat hard on boards (5'11, 215#), but my 2004 Timeless didn't last 1/2 a season.)

Anywho, I ride Whistler climate conditions: Fresh (heavy) powder in the AM, to trees to heavily cut-up powder and crud by afternoon. This board handled it all amazingly. The large shovel up front and the slightly narrower tail allowed this board to cruise over powder and blast through crud at higher speeds and more control than I've had in a long time.
It is a great board in the trees as well, it can make short radius turns and can hold a strong edge on a fall line. Oh yeah, I was also able to smoke through some mogels, again like I haven't done in a looong time.
Overall, I am super impressed by this board and would buy another in a heartbeat. Infact, I am sure I will have a Khyber split by the end of the season.
I hope this helps.
Cheers-
-Stumpy

Post subject: mnt gun!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:32 pm 

i just got the mnt. gun... couldnt feel like a better board. the thing is a really nice stiff board, i like to really power through long fast carves and have quik responce and it does if for me. as far as the steeps on a more hardpack or corny snow, I'll have to wait until spring.