Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for advice on updating the quiver.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:09 pm 

So as the season comes to an end I'm thinking of picking up an end of the year special to replace an older Prior splitboard that I have. I picked it up used a few years back mostly to give this splitty thing a try. Unfortunately, I haven't splitty'd that much but when I have I loved it. One thing that I didn't like was the Prior felt very heavy and difficult to go edge to edge compared to the other resort boards I've used. It wasn't that bad after getting used to it though and I loved how it handled the POW. My current resort board is a Never Summer SL that I've had for 2 season and it's got a ton of use. It's a great all rounder but it gets bogged down in the real deep POW. So I'm thinking maybe get a dedicated POW splitboard and use it anytime there is powder, wether it's splitty or resort.

So I'm looking for some recommendations. I'd want enough separation between the 2 to really notice the difference. I'd like the new board to be decent enough on ice and groomers but to really excel in the POW.

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Looking for advice on updating the quiver.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:06 pm 

If you like Never Summer, their Prospector is a very high quality split which absolutely crushes powder riding. I have probably 30 pow days on mine, and it rules powder. So far so good in variable conditions as well, a nice smooth ride, fairly stable, and responsive.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/