Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best Karakoram equipped split in 2014?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:26 am 

Am buying my second split and can't decide which to get... have 15+ years experience...

Some requirements:
Should have Karakoram hinges
Should float well in pow
Good torsional stiffness when skinning up
Length of around 165cm

Options:
Salomon Sick Stick Split (can't find any review on this, anyone?)
Jones Solution (afraid the longest non wide which is 164cm would not be floaty enough?)
Lib Tech T.Rice C2BTX HP (anyone knows anything about this board?)

Other suggestions?!

Post subject: Re: Best Karakoram equipped split in 2014?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:47 am 

I'm on a Trice diy and I also have a resort solid. Love this board. As a solid it's a little on the stiff side for me but I got used to it. The C2 tours really well IMO better than my traditional cambered rossi. Go with the Mervin!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:10 am 

Demo a Furberg, you will not find a better board at that price. Even the 162 has more float than all your options.

I've had a T-rice 164 myself, but sold it when I got my Furberg.The t-rice is playfull and it's a twin, so if you like going backwards this is a plus. It doesn't float as much as I wanted as the stance is quite centered.

Sick stick, 2 of my friends have them, they are pretty mellow riding and a lot of fun. But not a hard charging board.

Jones Solution, yeah. But everybody rides that. It has plenty of float, but not a very original option. Good board though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:19 am 

The C2 looks good but if it doesn't float that good I'll rather go for the Solution or the Sick Stick.

ieism: what do you mean with that the Sick Stick is mellow? Softer than the Solution?
Actually I rather have a board that is fun between the trees than one which is suited for going down chutes in an insanely high speed. Based on that preference the Stick is better for me?

Don't know anything about Furberg, will check it up.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:45 am 

The C2 is nice, i'm a big fan of Libtech actually and have owned a few. But because it's almost a twin shape and you're centered on the board you have to lean back a lot more than on my Furberg.

The Sickstick is more pow specific, but it's still a tapered twin. It's playfull and not too stiff, but still has a longer nose than the C2 making it easier to float than the C2. People have been splitting these boards for years, because they like them obviously.

The Solution is quite a versatile board, but it's more aimed towards big lines and fast riders.

The Furberg is a little odd shaped, so it doesn't really follow any of the other categories. You need to ride it for a day to get an idea. They have a demo station somewhere in Norway, ask them. It has a lot of float for it's size and feels like a much smaller board. You can ride it in the trees and on steep and nasty stuff as well. It's pretty much the perfect splitboard to me, but it doesn't do that well on groomers. Although you can get down them alright, it's not what's it's made for. Read the Furberg tread on this forum here for more info.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:14 pm 

why on earth would you want karakorums