Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Rossignol splitboards
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:10 pm 

Solitude wrote:
I'm riding the 167 XV right now, and I have a question does anyone elses feel grabby in this spring corn snow? I mean more so than usual? And Rossi is offering a 158, 162 and the 67 next year. http://issuu.com/zuzupopo/docs/rossigno ... 89/6637598

Have you done a good job detuning the tip and tail? Is the grabbiness at the tip and/or tail? I have also been experimenting a bit with exaggerated base edge beveling around the contact points to allow a board too more easily slide into and out of turns... It is worth a shot if you feel the tip and/or tail are acting a little more grabby than you prefer.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:43 pm 

I did a diy early rise rocker which really helped relieve the catchy feeling or tracking as I call it, but the xv has rocker in the nose and tail :scratch: I have done the exaggerated detuning at the contact points where I ground a rounded 45° angle and that really didn't help too much, but it was a full camber board?! I would detune anyways. The more the better I would think. The only other culprit would be the magnetraction. It took me a little time getting used to the magne, but well worth the extra grab for those really hard days.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:42 am 

Yes I detuned it further than I normally would have, and I've been on magnetraction boards for 7 or so seasons. I'm honestly thinking I want to base clean, remove all the factory wax and re wax then try again. It literally feels like my base is sandpaper and the only other thing I can attribute it to is maybe I have some skin residue on the base...?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:48 pm 

Mine was terrible on the factory wax on warm snow but after i got a buddy to give it some lovin i didn't have any issues with it. We didnt get a proper corn season this year it just went from winter pack to isothermic crap pretty quickly.