Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rossignol XV Magtek Split, more sizes!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:12 pm 

Reply I received from Rossignol in response to asking about more sizes for their XV Split:

Hi Ben,
We entered the splitboard market with only one size, the 167. We have had a great response to our splitboard and will be offering the XV Magtek splitboard in a 159, 163 & 167 in the 2014/15 season. Good news!
Thanks for your interest in Rossi Snowboards!

Annie McMullen
Groupe Rossignol, USA
Rossignol, Lange, Dynastar & Look

Post subject: Re: Rossignol XV Magtek Split, more sizes!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:25 pm 

Great to hear!
Maybe Burton will make the Landord Split in a wide?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:59 am 

Ben Reynolds wrote:
Reply I received from Rossignol in response to asking about more sizes for their XV Split:

Hi Ben,
We entered the splitboard market with only one size, the 167. We have had a great response to our splitboard and will be offering the XV Magtek splitboard in a 159, 163 & 167 in the 2014/15 season. Good news!
Thanks for your interest in Rossi Snowboards!

Annie McMullen
Groupe Rossignol, USA
Rossignol, Lange, Dynastar & Look

Wrong direction. How about a 175 and a 181 too?

181 Venture Storm Solid and Split
173 Rossi Race DIY Swallowtail Split

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:19 am 

Sweet! I just got my 167. Can't wait to ride it. It has a ton of rocker so hoping it rides more nimble than it's size. Maybe I'll go to a 163 next year but I doubt it as the 167 is the only size with an acceptably long turn radius. The 163 is an 8.5m radius irrc. Super gay. My old Rossi 163 experience had over a 9m radius.

Board seems solid and is pretty light. Way lighter than a winterstick or venture in a shorter size even. Shitty job mounting the tip clip as to be expected from a made in China product, but overall board feels solid. Love the stiffer nose. My old Rossi Experience's nose was a fucking chattering noodle.

As for building a 170-180cm. LOL! Not gonna happen. No one is going to buy them except for a couple kooks on this forum :wink:
Seriously, why do you want such a long board??? A 167 is plenty big even if you weight 240lbs. You ain't gettin' down the mountain any faster and if it's float you're worried about you should have your swallowtail out that day anyway.

Fwiw, I rode a 175 glissade my entire 3rd season snowboarding (probably over 60 days on it). While I can say it was fun and made me a better rider it felt soooo much better going down to a 166cm. To me riding that length was good for training, but overall it's just too long for anyone to get the most out of their riding on an everyday basis. I really think that the long board niche might be compensating for something else :wink:

/rant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:58 pm 

BGnight wrote:
Seriously, why do you want such a long board?

Float!
My 192cm resort board and 178cm splitboard gain speed much quicker and will let me glide higher/farther so that I don't lose my skier friends and don't need to fucking bootpack out of flats...
Love both!
(I'm 192cm tall, 80kg)

No issue at all, riding them in forests either. (although, the tighter the forest gets, the more I prefer the 160cm Hovercraft)

Still, long boards seem to be a niche market, as only a few brands produce them. (Goodboards, LTB, Prior, Venture, Pogo, to name a few)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:51 pm 

BGnight wrote:
I really think that the long board niche might be compensating for something else
Pretty sure Taylor is polish so I don't think thats it little guy. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:57 pm 

funny cause that's not what I heard from rossignol when I asked the same question. I want the onemag in a split 159. this board is a short 167 stacked on my 59 its not enough length to worry me but the stiffness could be. the thing is STIFF. that's why they need to release the quiver killer in there line. the one mag tek 159 in a split. DO IT.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:45 pm 

If they make a 159 I will buy it. Enough said.

Burton Freebird/spark blazes/ burton ruler boots

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:38 pm 

BGnight wrote:
Sweet! I just got my 167. Can't wait to ride it. It has a ton of rocker so hoping it rides more nimble than it's size. Maybe I'll go to a 163 next year but I doubt it as the 167 is the only size with an acceptably long turn radius. The 163 is an 8.5m radius irrc. Super gay. My old Rossi 163 experience had over a 9m radius.

Board seems solid and is pretty light. Way lighter than a winterstick or venture in a shorter size even. Shitty job mounting the tip clip as to be expected from a made in China product, but overall board feels solid. Love the stiffer nose. My old Rossi Experience's nose was a fucking chattering noodle.

As for building a 170-180cm. LOL! Not gonna happen. No one is going to buy them except for a couple kooks on this forum :wink:
Seriously, why do you want such a long board??? A 167 is plenty big even if you weight 240lbs. You ain't gettin' down the mountain any faster and if it's float you're worried about you should have your swallowtail out that day anyway.

Fwiw, I rode a 175 glissade my entire 3rd season snowboarding (probably over 60 days on it). While I can say it was fun and made me a better rider it felt soooo much better going down to a 166cm. To me riding that length was good for training, but overall it's just too long for anyone to get the most out of their riding on an everyday basis. I really think that the long board niche might be compensating for something else :wink:

/rant

Brooks WTF! You weigh what, 150 lbs soaking wet, how would you know what someone 50 lbs heavier might need? Rossi makes an XV solid over 170 cm already, clearly they see the need for some riders.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:34 am 

I originally wanted mine in a 63 seeing as the solid came in that size but once i got on it i wasnt worried about the size.
For a 67 its effective edge is pretty small and its radius is bigger than most boards. Not that we get "deep" days down here but the deepest day i had i wouldn't really want to go any bigger. that big rockered nose just wants to float.

I hope they sort out QC issues on it cause its a fun ride.