Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What to Buy???
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:03 pm 

Dear Fellow Snowhounds,

Thanks for all the excellent information throughout the forums. I'm getting ready to make the big purchase and I'm not sure I know anymore today than after reading everything here. I know it's really hard to say here's the setup you should buy, but I'm going to give you all my specs. and see what you'd recommend.

Height 5'10"
Shoe 10
Weight 165

I like freeride boards and I wear Northwave boots. From what I can gather, it seems like maybe I'd want to purchase the Burton 161 (I've been riding a 158), and the Voile split kit. What's your opinion. Should I go with Burton, Voile, or Prior, or mix and match? I've been doing backcountry with my old Liquid board and snowshoes. I'm ready to start driving a Cadillac.

By the way, I'm in Ft. Collins and plan on doing several trips on Cameron and Berthoud if anyone wants to join. Later!!

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.