Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HELP! What Setup Do I Choose?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:57 pm 

Dear Fellow Snowhounds!

I've been reading most all of the posts listed on this forum today. Needless to say, I didn't get much work done. I've finally made up my mind to buy a splitboard and now I'm trying to decide which one.

I prefer freeride boards. I have a pair of Northwave boots. I'm 5'10", 165lbs. What's the best length and type of board I should consider. I'm currently riding a 158, but I'm thinking of going to a 161, perhaps 166. I've read some good reviews on the Voile Freeride 166. It seems that the consensus is that Burton's hardware is cumbersome.

Should I buy a Burton, Voile, Prior, or NeverSummer? Who has the best hardware for transitioning easily from skis to board? Which board is the most versatile, meaning rides well in both the backcountry and resort-style riding?

I'm very uneducated in this area. I've been riding backcountry by hiking up the mountain in my snow shoes and riding my old Liquid board. Any advice you all could give me on the best board, length, bindings, boots, etc. etc. would be greatly appreciated!!!

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.