Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Salomon Sick Stick Split 166
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:51 pm 

Im interested in the Salomon Sick Stick Split but it is pretty hard to find out much about it. I have a few questions that hopefully some forum members have answers to.

1. Does the split version use the same construction as the solid deck?

2. The board comes with black Salomon skins, does anyone know who makes these or what they are comparable to? Are these rebranded black diamond skins?

3. Is the stance set back on this board or is it a centered twin shape with a little taper?

4. Finally, does anyone have any experience with this board or any of the other Salomon splits?

Thanks in advance. Im looking for a board that has good float and will be fun to rip turns with in the trees and a few open bowls. I do some low angle riding and like to play around a little but Im not concerned with riding switch. I wont be doing anything really technical or gnarly and dont plan on riding it in hard conditions unless I want some exercise at a resort.

Post subject: Re: Salomon Sick Stick Split 166
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:57 pm 

Bump for some info on the factory SS split..... Still haven't heard any first hand knowledge. The SS is my favorite solid I've ever had, just wondering how the factory split performs and what sort of quality Salomon has with their splits.