Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: whats the lenght of skins for board 162
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:44 am 

Hello I just bought my first skins for DIY board 162W and the skins are 142cm length(said they are for board 161),
any way I put them up and looks a bit short is this how should be? I am sending photo

Post subject: Re: whats the lenght of skins for board 162
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:49 pm 

might be a little short, but i think it can vary board to board where the skins should extend to. Voile's skins don't have tail straps and they instruct you to cut them at the board's rear contact point (I would guess those are instructions aimed towards cambered boards). So lay the board flat (base down) and see if the skins extend to where the board touches the ground/table/whatever surface you put it on.

I have the Voile skins without tail straps, and added simple bungee tail clips (I also added an extra rivet, same style as the first review in the link below)
http://www.backcountry.com/voile-split- ... ctor-skins

I have no experience with how many negatives you get if the skins are shorter than the rear contact point, but you will obviously have less traction with less of your skinning surface covered with skins. It might or might not increase the risk them getting snow on the glue surface and detaching faster...