Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lib Tech T. Rice Split
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:33 pm 

Every year splitboard equipment progresses more and more and now with the addition of reverse camber boards and lighter interface components, boards are becoming lighter and more versatile. During the last couple winters i have had the opportunity of riding multiple splitboard and skin combinations so when it came time for the 2012 season i head a good idea of what i wanted under my feet. Riding Lib Tech solid boards for the last few years has been nothing but a good time, so i picked up the new T. Rice 161.5 Pro Split. Once you get the board out into the backcountry and into some sunlight, you can appreciate the detailed work performed by artist that designed the board's graphics.

I opted to go with the Voile interface because i have had good experiences with their products in the past and i had plans to fabricate my own bindings. Setting up the board was a breeze and the adjustable interface is nice because it allowed me to dial in my stance similar to my solid board. The overall construction of the board including the inner edges proved to be solid throughout the season. The magna-traction enhanced outer edges were great on the hard pack especially when skinning. The boards banana tech camber as well as rocker between the feet made riding in almost any condition consistently epic.

This season has given us the best snow Alaska has seen in years and i was lucky enough to make it out on some great trips in south central AK. The T. Rice Split's light weight construction made touring mode easier while accessing lines in Alaska's Chugach Mountains. Converting the board back to ride mode is quick and effortless. After the first few descents, it was noticeable that Lib Tech did an awesome job of providing the board with features like magne-traction, reverse camber and flexible rocker that their solid boards currently posses. The light weight construction, wide footprint, and responsiveness of the board in any condition make the Lib Tech T. Rice Split a great choice for any descent.

Scott

Here are a few pics of my T. Rice in action, Cheers

[ img]Image[/img]
[ img]Image/img]

[ img]Image/img]

Post subject: Re: Lib Tech T. Rice Split
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:10 pm 

It's good to hear that you liked your Lib so much.

I rode a T.Rice 164.5 this year and had a great time with it. I liked my board so much that I'll be riding the same thing in a 161.5 next season.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:25 am 

good shots man, what kindof bindings did u go with?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:17 pm 

Just picked up brand new 2012 off ebay for $690 :rock: went with the 164.5, gonna rock my split30's, can't wait!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:59 pm 

stoked!! :thatrocks:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:24 am 

I have the same set up with last years model. I love the board in soft snow and find it very fun to ride in pow. Let us know what you think about it when skiining on a packed trail. I ended up hating reverse camber underfoot because of the "drift" that occures on packed runs. I just wish they would make the same board but a regular camber or at least camber underfoot. I wont buy another reverse camber board.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:32 pm 

Well I wouldn't ride anything but rocker these days + skinning on fresh snow is much easier than on a packed trail, also much more interesting to find your own way, I rode all last year on a 158 DIY full rocker board, wasn't too bad, G3 skins worked good

the karakoram crampons help me out a ton too if I'm skinning on hardpack, they are light and fasten to the binding in no time at all really

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:59 pm 

I just complete mine. First time splitboarder soon.
I'm wondering if is that my correct stance and offset?