Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Rocker-camber for bigger guys?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:58 am 

Hello, hello!
I to am a big guy, being 6'6 and 200lbs! It's sometimes a good challenge to find your dream deck. I did ride a 166 NS Legacy till i snapped it, 2nd one in 2 seasons! After that the only board i had left was a 168 Venture Zephyr Splitboard, put on around 70+ days on it this last season, and i gotta tell you. i fell deep in love with this board. so much that i want a solid deck of it. The more i break in the deck, the better it gets. From riding steep tree lines, to cliff drops, to spinning off pillows, and jibbing fallen trees. This board is one of the sickest freeride with a hint of freestyle splittys you can get! With Ventures tried and true knowledge of making splittys is something you can't argue with. With years of innovation and expierence. it's a bit of wonder you see a lot of old pro's rocking their boards out in the backcountry. I would love to try out a Mervin/ NS split. but one day. But, ya i totally reccommend a Venture, rode this board from inbounds to way out in the woods. Even shredding spring park jumps this board handles! A splitty you can literally take everywhere! and strong bases, hard to get core shots.
Hope this helps!!! Buy a Venture

Boots: Salomon Malamutes
SnowSurf Pads: Almond MFG.