Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: East Coast Style Splittin!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:25 pm 

@uxarmy. I have a pair of ignition 2 base plate/heel cups I'll sell ya cheap.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:57 am 

Thank you, I wish i saw your offer a few days ago! I ordered a prior BC with blaze bindings during their fall demo sale last week. I am still looking for extra pucks and decent skins though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:24 am 

I have pucks that are yours if you pay for shipping or can meet me at woods hole. I switched to k-rams. Also have a set of tractor skins, but theyre cut for a khyber 170. Might work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:27 am 

See also, spark split crampons, for wide boards.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:32 pm 

Winter is almost here!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:59 pm 

Nice set up, uxarmy. Is the camber on your Prior just under the back foot? I am also on the EK and this will be my first season splitting. Right now I'm leaning towards a Venture but the only thing I don't like about its rocker profile is its lack of pop. You guys got any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:34 am 

I took my friends storm out last season and Venture make a serious bombproof board that will perform best in the steep and deep. But what It really comes down to is your style of riding. Three years ago I bought a full rocker board that i rode for park/ in-bounds. The board gave me that loose surfing feeling and helped a lot with riding in the powder even though it was much shorter (155). The next season i purchased my first split which was a used (166) voile. It reminded me of the boards i used to ride when i was a kid and i got hooked on it. I ended up riding it in-bounds and in the back country. Now spinning and popping 360s was a different story, this board was not designed for parks. It was a heavy full cambered splitboard. After having gone from a rocker, i actually preferred the camber. The prior BC (165) is a hybrid camber with rocker tip and tail and is much lighter than the venture storm. This was what i was looking for because I would be able to go fast and use the camber edge to navigate stronger turns in various east coast conditions, the rocker will be perfect for when I hit those powder days. Also another key note is splitting with full rocker. My cambered board undoubtedly held better than the venture uphill, even with 3 year old skins. My advice is to first lose your HIGHBACKS! Find a board made for pop that is light (Jones Mountain Twin, Venture Helix, Prior AMF) and a rocker/size that fits your preference.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:44 pm 

Hahaha MIke Ranquet is all about no highbacks. I've never tried it but have always wanted to. Thanks for the feedback.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:06 pm 

I went with the Storm. Got here today. Stoked.
Edit: well here's a link to flickr acct.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anophelestheater/6289449389/in/photostream/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:38 pm 

Nice choice! I got to mess around with my friends storm again the other day in 18 inches; before halloween is a first here in CT. At least a million people still without power. I also got to test my prior by skinning to the local grocery store the night of the storm. Cant wait to slap pucks on it and get up to NH.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:52 pm 

uxarmy wrote:
I also got to test my prior by skinning to the local grocery store the night of the storm.
It didn't happen unless you make a trip report. :lol: Lets see it!