Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2011/12 Donek Big Guns
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:12 pm 

I recently saw this video (below) on Donek's Facebook page showing some of their new designs for next year. Given Glissade's apparent demise and the overall paucity of true big gun offerings among manufacturers, I was excited to see Donek stepping up to offer a big gun design for next season in sizes up to 210 cm (which they'll split for you if you'd like). Of course, I then needed to know specs to get a better sense of the design; they sent this:

Here's the specs for the 200
effective edge: 162.5cm
waist: 24.5cm
shovel: 30.3cm
tail: 28.8cm
sidecut: 12-14m

A little narrow (but those guys are mostly hard-booters, so it's to be expected) but they said they could push that waist out to 27 cm no problem (and free of charge). In any case, I'm really glad to see another company stepping up with a big gun production offering. Props to the Donek crew. :thumbsup: Footage of the decks in this video:

http://youtu.be/dLkT6KFTeeg

181 Venture Storm Solid and Split
173 Rossi Race DIY Swallowtail Split

Post subject: Re: 2011/12 Donek Big Guns
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:20 pm 

nice... Wish I could buy a few new boards. It would be so fun.

Deep snow and surfin the blue blue, I dream.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:17 am 

Hey Guys, don't forget that Donek is a custom builder! :thumpsup:

Let him know your specs and they will build exactly want you want! You don't really have to order off the menu, per se...

Oh, and they are proudly located in Colorado too :bow:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:33 pm 

Donek has developed 2 new shapes for next season. The Hazelwood which is a durable replacement for the Rad Air Tanker series and the yet to be named, highly modified and new tech Fish shape. The Hazelwoods are going to be 170cm to 200cm and the Fish is going to be 155ish cm to 170ish cm range with a splitty option. Sean has been working and riding very hard through the late season and into the summer getting things just right. And remember, Donek has full custom abilities for very minimal upcharge to satisfy your every whim. It has been my great pleasure working with Donek for several seasons helping develop his alpine line up and now these new powder shaped. The quality of these decks are second to none, Sean is a true craftsman and a master of his craft. Drop em a line or shoot em an emaill at www.donek.com.

Think Snow!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:35 pm 

Donek has developed 2 new shapes for next season. The Hazelwood which is a durable replacement for the Rad Air Tanker series and the yet to be named, highly modified and new tech Fish shape. The Hazelwoods are going to be 170cm to 200cm and the Fish is going to be 155ish cm to 170ish cm range with a splitty option. Sean has been working and riding very hard through the late season and into the summer getting things just right. And remember, Donek has full custom abilities for very minimal upcharge to satisfy your every whim. It has been my great pleasure working with Donek for several seasons helping develop his alpine line up and now these new powder shapes. The quality of these decks is second to none, Sean is a true craftsman and a master of his craft. Drop em a line or shoot em an emaill at http://www.donek.com.

Think Snow!