Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New to splitboarding, and full of questions
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:18 am 

hveminem wrote:
trondh wrote:
Staying above the trees? That means you're missing out on lots of fun!

Anyhow: I'm in Oslo. PM me if you want to try my 162 AMF sometime.

I just bought a Prior Spearhead 172, and live in Oslo. I also stay in Hemsedal a lot, so a demo might not be out of the question. That is if you want to try a longer board before you decide to buy anything else.

Thanks for the offers guys. Early season in east Norway has been crap so far, except for some powder in Sudndalen last weekend so I've not really been following up on this. Are any of you guys going to the Hemsedal Highcamp in March? I usually decide where I'm going for the weekend on Thursday so it's hard to plan ahead apart from festivals like Highcamp. I've bought two new boards this autumn and two seasonpasses and booked 8 weeks in New-Zealand for the summer but I might still find the budget for a split. There were some talk earlier about the "Skandinavisk Høyfjellsutstyr" shop in Hemsedal taking in splits in which case I might also get a chance to demo some there.

Either way I always love hooking up with new people. We're a fairly active Oslo-based gang who rides together regularly both in weekday evenings and on weekend getaways and we're always happy to add more to the crowd :) I know for a fact I'll be in Hemsedal for highcamp so holler if any of you will be going.

@nedrapier I feel sort of the same way about boards, as long as it floats OK and can turn easily I will usually enjoy it in powder. Though with a big investment like this (and the fact I can't seem to get a decent hookup for a discounted one) I'm going to be more picky that I usually am about boards. I'll look into prices in the alps though from my experience it's not always cheaper there though it's still a great excuse to go rip the continent :)

Post subject: Re: New to splitboarding, and full of questions
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:47 am 

Ive been riding the Voile Mojo RX for 9 days in whistler and a few really good days at Røldal. I also had a cople of days on corn/slush last spring. Its a great board that handles a lot of conditions. Voile ships it for free to Norway,and the package including Skins and bindings will work out at approx 8200,- NOK after taxes(depends on exchange rate) I actually sold one of my solids after getting the mojo,and i prefer it to the solid that i have left.

Dont be afraid on going big on your backcountry stick either.. float and speed will be so much better on a big board plus it slices through the chopped up powder better. The rocker/hybrid rockers are pretty nimble.