Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Donek Splitboard coming soon!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:35 pm 

Just posted up on the Donek website is a picture of the shape and a listing of the specs. This info just went up today the specs are subject to change and can be customized/modified to your hearts desire.http://donek.com/nomad_alppow.html The website does not yet mention this offering as a split but is available and hopefully the website will be updated soon.

Think Snow!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:34 pm 

Pricing in now listed at http://donek.com/nomad_alppow.html. Price will be at $880 for the Nomad in splitty form, to include tail and tip clips and Chinese hooks. Hardware manufacturer (Voile, Karakoram) yet to be determined.

Think Snow!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:23 pm 

Snowman: $880 also includes the option to customize length, width, side-cut, flex and taper, correct?

Between the Nomad models, the Hazelwood big guns, their longer sidecuts (into the 14s) and the ability to split and customize them, Donek is bringing some nice back-country board options to market.

Definitely nice to see and a welcome addition to others' board offerings.

181 Venture Storm Solid and Split
173 Rossi Race DIY Swallowtail Split

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:21 am 

Snowman1 wrote:
Snowman: $880 also includes the option to customize length, width, side-cut, flex and taper, correct?

Yes, that is correct. Sean has the ability to make changes and modification to any parameter of the board and with little or no upcharge. I am going with a slightly more streched out sidecut than the standard on mine.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:10 am 

Being built as I type. The final result will be a Donek 167 Nomad split with a custom scr config of 7/15m tip to tail, lots of carbon, Karakorum clips, Voile plate and climbing wires, Bomber Sidewinder binders, G3 Splitty skins. Now if we would just get blessed with some snow. Sean also has 2 other splits under construction and I hope to have some pics of all three to pass along in the next few days.

Think Snow!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:37 am 

I look forward to hearing how the new split rides. I road an old Donek Incline for a few seasons quite a while ago. Bomber board, fun to ride, loved the mellower 11m ish sidecut. Thought about splitting it myself a while back, but decided it was a bit narrower than I wanted for backcountry use and ended up with a factory split from Prior... However, I've kept checking in on the Donek boards to see what's new...

Keep us posted!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:59 am 

Just informed from Sean at Donek that the Snowman edition Donek Nomad Custom Carbon Split is assembled and ready. Sean has promised to send off some pics and a brief write up from the builder to post here on Splitboard.com. All of the pieces of my new deck are finally together, Karakorum clips, Bomber TD3 splitboard binders, Voile Sliders and G3 Splitty skins! Now, if ULLR would cooperate and release some much needed snow on Berthoud Pass. Think Snow!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:58 am 

Donek Snowboards video update. Sean talks about new technologies and capabilities at the Donek Factory in Colorado and talks a bit about a new 192 Donek Hazelwood split and my new 7lb carbon fiber Donek Nomad Split. She is finally done and will be on the snow very soon! Think Snow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s39mQkW6V-E

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:19 pm 

:drool: Your board looks so fun. Super Jealous.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:31 pm 

Seeing as posting pics here is beyond my capabilities, here is a link to some decent pics of the Nomad. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater OR https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 812&type=1

Think Snow!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:51 pm 

I thought I would chime in here. We now have our splitboard capabilities fully functional. We have had the ability to alter sidecut, flex, langth, and width with a keystroke for a number of years. We can now split just about any board in our line with the same ease. This means we can custom shape just about any style of board for you and split it at the same time. We've had most interest in splits of the Hazelwood and Nomad lines as they are geared heavily towards powder riding.

We will continue to work light weight carbon fiber splits. Hopefully snowman will have some feedback for us once the snow gets deep enough.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:40 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:17 am 

Wow!!!!!! What a beautiful board!!! A Donek Nomad split is definitely on my short list for 2013. I can't wait to read the review of the Snowman edition custom Carbon Nomad split. Great stuff!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next