Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I dream of Furberg
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:03 am 

So far, I have had 2 full days riding this board at a resort with some great side country terrain and (finally!!!) plenty of pow. I was able to ride it in just about every condition (icy spots, hard and chopped ungroomed trails, groomers, all the way to waist deep pow) during that 2 days. In all conditions and slopes, except groomers this board was amazing.

In the deep stuff, obviously, it killed everything I pointed it at. Just one look at this thing and you know it will be a phenom in pow. Floats better than anything ive ever ridden, carries speed through the flats, smooth turns, stable at high speed, just put a huge smile on my face. Not much else to say about that.

Everything else I have to say about this board is specific to less than ideal conditions. I was pleasantly surprised at how great this board performs in chopped, crappy, and icy conditions. Held an edge on icy steeps like it was a freakin hockey skate. Smoothest turns in bumpy snow ever! I have never been able to slide or carve through turns going that fast in those conditions and still felt in control. I never realized how ‘grabby’ other boards are when your sliding/smearing through your turns until I rode this baby. Another unexpected surprise was how well it traversed. I was able to make it quite a bit further out into a bowl on a traverse I normally take. I wasn’t sure if it would have any pop at all, but it does, a very smooth, subtle pop. This is the longest board I’ve ever ridden, but it feels way shorter than 173. The ride feels much shorter than my Solution 168 for sure, especially at slower speeds. It was incredibly easy to handle in tight situations. Even in those damn moguls, it wasn’t any worse than any other snowboard ive ever ridden. Its by far my favorite board ive ever ridden, I can’t say enough good about it.

My biggest complaint; the color… TEAL! Are you frickin kidding me, were they going for the 80’s Trapper Keeper look :x Riding this board, I’m kind of worried the local bullies are gonna try to beat me up and take my lunch money. Good thing they won’t be able to keep up with me now :D

This is NOT a do-it-all stick, but it’s a champ at everything I want in a board. Two days was not nearly enough, I can’t wait for more!

Post subject: Re: I dream of Furberg
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:11 pm 

You raving about it but yet not a do it all stick, what you mean?

Groomers I'm guessing but backcountry it rocks right ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:44 pm 

Yes, it ROCKS :rock: on everything except groomers. Not much fun on groomers,,, and probably not in the park i'd guess, but i don't ride the park. So great in everything else though!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:49 pm 

Yeahhh I got other boards for groomers plus I don't like them that much anyway more for practice here and there and they are more like a road too the good stuff more then anything else. The Furberg is more of a backcountry stick more then anything else from what I here they will be releasing a 162 split in the upcoming fall will most likely pick that one up. All i hear is great things about these boards.. can't wait

Thanx for the info