Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mervin C2 or Never Summer RC for skinning?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:52 am 

I am a big fan of the C2 and RC camber profiles. My resort board is a NS Heritage and it rocks. I have an older Venture Divide which has been great, but I am looking to get a NS SL split or the Lib Tech Voila. Has anyone out there skinned with either of these cambers? I end up going with AT skiers alot and skinning performance is needed on steep, icy, narrow skin tracks. I have some Spark Mr. Chomps but I prefer not use them unless I am forced.

Post subject: Re: Mervin C2 or Never Summer RC for skinning?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:02 pm 

The C2 and the RC are basically the same thing. I won't comment on skinning with C2, never used it for that. I do have a Heritage split and have 7 days on it so far. It skins fine. I haven't noticed any difference in my ability to skin up steep stuff. Icy or pow. It does break trail easier than my cambered splits for sure.

To be honest with the camber at the tip and tails I am not sure that the camber ever gets engaged on the up. When in tour mode I am basically in the middle of the rocker section. I would expect much of the same with C2 tech.

Overall, I've noticed a whole lot of nothing in difference in performance. The only thing I have noticed is a positive in that breaking trail is slightly easier.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:37 pm 

I've been skinning fine on a NS R/C...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:25 pm 

Splitfish, I was wondering much the same thing as you before my heritage split came. After four solid weeks of touring on it I can confidently say that I don't notice any lack of traction with the RC technology. Just yesterday I was following a bunch of skiers who slipping all over the place on a steep uptrack. I wondered if I would start slipping once I got in front of them but, nope, my board stuck just like always. Personally I think most slipping problems on the uptrack tend to be technique related.

I agree with what killclimbz says about trail breaking as well. The tips just seem to naturally rise to the surface very easily.