Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wasatch 09/10
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:12 pm 

Didn't see an entry for this season, so here it is.... Now all we need is some precip.

Post subject: Re: Wasatch 09/10
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:24 am 

snurfer-enjoyed reading your blog, got me all stoked for the season to come :headbang:

Missed most of last season on the disabled list :cry: but now all healed and ready to get after it. :D The days I got on the snow last season were 95% inbounds :nononno: looking to even up the ratio this season or skew it the other direction. Got out a few times before this facked high pressure with a good friend on AT gear @ alta and the bird. Wasn't too bad then but sure could use the snow now. I work a real weird schedule so I'll keep my eyes on this thread for the hookup and post up when I'm heading out.

Pray For Sno!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:02 pm 

Wasatch splitters, I'm going to be in SLC around March 6-13 and would like to hook up for some touring. I've ridden a fair amount in the tri-canyons area, but my riding skills are better than my stability evaluation/avy skills, and this year looks to be way trickier than normal, so I'd really like to find some experienced partners.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:28 am 

Looking to tour in Red Pine Lake area (LCC) on Saturday 02/27. Going for an early start 5-6am.

Objectives:
- With the ridiculously unpredictable snow pack I'm mostly looking to skin and build my base for the running season. Pulling the plug on riding is likely. (I'm not interested in taking any risks) :nononno:
- If my gut/observations allow, I may do laps from the upper lake. Lake peak is also an option. :scratch:

If interested, and you are willing to get out early, don't mind skinning all day, and potentially not riding [ yeah I know, sounds real fun ;) ], PM me.... Not interested in an early start? But want to meet up, just look for the weird old dude on the swallowtail

Cheers,
D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:29 am 

Yo Snurfer,

I've been following your posts regularly. Spot on for contributing so much towards the community.

I live in Midway, basically at the mouth of Snake Creek Canyon, and work in PC, right near PCMR. Moved out here from San Diego a little over a year ago after spending most of my life in the ocean. Lovin' the mountain living. I've ridded standard snowboards for a long time, but recently got a split to get away from exclusive resort riding.

I took my avy 1 class last spring with White Pine, and am slowly working my way to some sort of a comfort level in the mountains and high altitude <wheeze/>. I've got all my riding gear dialed, but now just need to get some days in and start building the experience. Definitely love to hook up with some fellow splitters in the area, and get to exploring the Was-angeles Mountains. Heading out solo with my limited experience is a bit daunting. Even though this season has been shite, I figure that there has to be a few days left in this season. However, there is always next year too. I ain't going anywhere, knock on wood.

If you (or anyone else out there) is ever looking for a split backcountry partner, you can PM me and we can exchange contact info.

Cheers to you all.

Dave

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:45 am 

Headed to Sandy for about 10 days and i am looking for some touring partners sat 3/20 through the 28th. Anybody going out this weekend? I have never been to the wasatch before and am looking to find some goods. If anyone wants to get out or doesn't mind a CO splitter and a few friends shredding with them let me know! Thanks, JOHN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:39 pm 

What are my chances of getting a tour in the weekend of April 16th? I'm headed down to SLC for a concert on Friday night and then either going to split or go backpacking Saturday/Sunday before heading back North to Bozeman on Sunday.

Hit me up with a PM if you don't want to clog this thread. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:49 pm 

samh wrote:
What are my chances of getting a tour in the weekend of April 16th? I'm headed down to SLC for a concert on Friday night and then either going to split or go backpacking Saturday/Sunday before heading back North to Bozeman on Sunday.
Its hard to say what the pack will be like then... Its not been good lately, but we are known for occasional good April dump. If you are up for longer approaches with some walking over exposed trail (yeah its that bad), then you can probably find some okay riding. Sans a storm it certainly wont be powder. I'm limited to weekends, but might be up for a tour.

SouthParkSplitNek wrote:
Headed to Sandy for about 10 days and i am looking for some touring partners sat 3/20 through the 28th. Anybody going out this weekend? I have never been to the wasatch before and am looking to find some goods. If anyone wants to get out or doesn't mind a CO splitter and a few friends shredding with them let me know! Thanks, JOHN

Sorry if no one got back to you, my touring this past weekend was sort of last minute and full of unknowns. May get out this upcoming weekend if you are still around. Depends on conditions. No midweek touring for me.

sunnydave wrote:
Yo Snurfer, If you (or anyone else out there) is ever looking for a split backcountry partner, you can PM me and we can exchange contact info.
Cheers to you all.
Dave
Cheers!

Same here... weekends only, season winding down, with worsening approach/exit conditions. Still like getting out in the spirit of hiking and being in the BC even if the riding stinks.
Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:36 pm 

Snurfer, thanks for the response. I sent you a PM.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:23 am 

Looks like snow this thurs/fri.... tour this weekend??? Myself and 3 others are going to hit up superior today. Hope it is holding some still. Rode patsey area yesterday and it was pretty good for what little snow we got yesterday. If anyone wants to get out and do a long tour this sun? let me know.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:50 pm 

Superior is a classic, looks like someones pointing you in the right direction. Looking at something big Saturday, probably can't do it Sunday. Hope your getting the goods while your in town, sorry I couldn't be more of a host, just a weekend warrior.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:23 pm 

Ya, I'd love to help show some people around, but I just don't have the experience or know the places to go...yet...

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:26 pm 

Rode north chute off superior today. Sick line...good snow. All around great day. Headed up white pine tomm. No worries on tours.... i have been doing alright so far. Sat could work for me... any thoughts???