Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: January 9-15 2011 Monte Rosa Italy Guided Trip
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:22 pm 

Hi all-

I booked a private guide for the Monte Rosa area out of Gressoney la Trinitie, which is on the Italian side of Zermatt. It is about 30 miles east of Courmayeur/Chamonix as the crow flies and about a two hour drive from Milan MXP.

Monte Rosa is known for having some of the best back country touring on the planet similar to Chamonix but without the crowds of Chamonix and at 25% of the price. The cost of the guide is 280 Euros per day and I can have up to 2 additional people at that cost. We will be doing some lift served back country touring and (weather permitting) some Heli drops. Heli drops are 125 Euros per person, per drop. Right now airfare from the West Coast to Milan is roughly $1000.

If there are four or more people, the price drops to 1190 Euros for 6 guided days and 7 nights of three star hotel accommodations including breakfast and dinner, per person double occupancy with Heli drops priced at 125 Euros per drop, per person. The heli drops will probably involve some split touring.

For more information on the area, please see:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowa ... iders.html

Please send me a PM if you have an interest.