Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Wasatch 09/10
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:05 am 

I'm a weekend warrior so when I get the chance to get out I like to get an early start and go big. I was thinking of doing another Wasatch classic called the pheiferhorn and then piece a couple other lines with it for a super tour of sorts. If you get on top of anything in White Pine today you'll probably get a nice view of the Pheif, super aesthetic also referred to as the little matterhorn for obvious reasons. The main line I want to try and hit is E facing so depending on snow totals from this storm and Saturdays forcast it's pretty important to move fast and get on that aspect as early as possible. I don't know where your staying in Sandy that's where I live right across the street from the 7-11 on 94th. You guys are hitting hard, right on. Let me know if works out or you need any more beta. :guinness: Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:09 pm 

Rode off red baldy today...sick again! Then gained the ridge and rode scotty's to the truck. I'll see what's up sat....sunday might work better since i am with about 15 of my friends. I'll see what up. Going to the bird tomm. to rest the legs before the weekend. I'm right down the road from 7-11 staying right on wasatch blvd. Look for a blue dodge, white camper, splitboarding is the answer sticker on back! Pheif would be sick i'll just have to see timing. L8 John

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:07 pm 

Utah Splitters, I'm a long time rider, bootpacker, snowshoer, snowmoboarder, etc... but new to the split game. Got new split gear now :clap: and plan to ride a bunch this winter. I would be stoked to hook up with some folks who don't mind heading out with a touring newb. I'm not new to the bc or the wasatch range, have safety gear and know how use it, somewhat avy savvy but lots to learn for sure. I don't plan on slowing anybody down too much, unless your some sort of aerobic monster. Just need to get skinning, transitions and stuff down. Also... got a Brighton pass this year so up for hiking out from there too. 30 yrs old, fit (I think) etc, I'll stop here cus this is starting to sound like a personal ad.

Beers on me :guinness:

Matt