Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:05 am 

I edited my long post on page 4 a little.

The area is non-quota but we still need to get the free permit. This means we cant be turned down a permit and they just require them for statistical reasons and in case of an emergency.

The permit size is 15 too…not 12.

I will get one permit and it would be great if someone else picked up the other one. You can only have one issued the day of your departure and if you leave after the center's hours of operation, have them leave it in the box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:13 am 

Hi guy's I am in too but I won't be able to join before late (very) Friday night or early (very) Sat morning.... stoke to join :) bummer I'll miss out on the good stuff friday :( leave some lines for the latecomers ;)

Oh yeah, could somebody send a flare up in the sky to indicate where I can find the gang :)
don't think anybody would be able to miss a gang of 15 splitboarders in the area but just wondering: is base camp gonna be around Greenstone lake like last year?

12- 15 folks!!! that's gonna be the biggest crowd I have ever been with for snowcamping. What are you guys doing for food? Are you the gourmet style with the kind of things that SFB and MtnRider had @Virginia... or is it froozen dried packs for everybody? Just wondering if I should bring a container of french smelly cheese and wine for everybody :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:42 am 

yes fassnor, bring the wine and cheese. We'll bring some wine too.

check your pm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:42 am 

fassnor wrote:
is base camp gonna be around Greenstone lake like last year?

Yes, but there is a slight chance we'll be near the northern end…if not we should be in the same spot as last year.

fassnor wrote:
What are you guys doing for food? Are you the gourmet style with the kind of things that SFB and MtnRider had @Virginia... or is it froozen dried packs for everybody?

Gourmet is nice but usually due to weight constraints, most people go with freeze dried options.

fassnor wrote:
Just wondering if I should bring a container of french smelly cheese and wine for everybody :)

Yes, please do! 8)
I'll be bringing at least one bottle of red wine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:49 am 

We'll be bringing freeze dried, but I'll see if Kelly wants to whip up some more brownies. (also have to see if there's room in the bear canister). I think the kabob thingies will be a bit much, besides, I doesn't look like Arash will be there with his George Foreman grill :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:32 pm 

Hey I did not see Matt (and Shellye) on the list. Is he suffering from splitboarding overdose or what ? Gnarf gnarf... yeah, I have been trying to keep a tab here... is there any weekend since Virginia Lakes where Matt stayed at home? ... I can already see the last post of the season "how many times this year".... :)

too bad Matt, you'll miss the freeze dried smelly camembert de normandie! (no no, I am not talking about my 15-year old fluo randonnee boots here) :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:35 pm 

bcrider, thanks for the info! Exactly what I was looking for!

We're bringing freeze dried too. Going as light as possible.

I'm sure we'll find the group, but does anyone carry FSR radios? If so, what channel?

SFB, we have an extra Expedition Bearikade if you need a bigger canister.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:42 pm 

Snow Nymph wrote:
SFB, we have an extra Expedition Bearikade if you need a bigger canister.

Hmmm, might have to take you up on that. I think our Bearikade is the smaller weekender model. We also have the Garcia but I'd rather not bring two canisters. I'll see how the food packing goes and get in touch with you this week.

On that note, I can bring the extra canister along if anyone doesn't have one and wants to use it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:53 pm 

FSR radio channel = 5/13

Re the bear canisters.
Personally I think the bear canisters are overkill. Keep in mind we will be camping pretty high up…it's not like we'll be in Tuolumne Meadow. In the three pervious years I've been there I haven't seen bears or bear prints nor have I heard about other encounters. Whatever that is worth.

Who knows though…maybe now that I've jinxed us we'll see one. :wink:

I'm sure the smells coming from a group of our size will be traveling for miles. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:05 pm 

Count me in, too. Word on the street has it that there's going to be more SC splitters, too. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:37 pm 

Ola, guys count me in 2. Leave LA Friday morning, maybe.... sooner .. Keep you posted. Stocked & Looking forward to get some runs in with you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:52 pm 

We can swing by the Mammoth Visitors center and pick up another permit on friday. Im stocked, stoked and cant wait to get to greensmoke lake :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:55 pm 

Hey bcrider! I'm in too! ChrisI and I will be heading up Thursday night.

The road is still closed right? Looking forward to seeing you again and meeting the rest. Steve

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next