Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chick Splitboard Partners?? SLT/Sierras
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:04 pm 

Hi - I finally dropped the dough for a Prior splitboard. Took it out this weekend and had a blast skinning - so much better than snowshoeing. Anyway, as much fun as it is to do the backcountry with my guy friends, I would love to be able to find some other backcountry women to ride with.

Preferred location would be South Lake Tahoe - Carson Pass, Desolation Wilderness, etc. as I have a ski lease in SLT and am otherwise riding at Kirkwood or Sierra (based out of San Francisco).

I took AIARE Level I this year, have the beacon/shovel/probe, etc. I consider myself an intermediate/advanced snowboarder. I just want to ride pow no need for freaky steep couloirs/chutes for me to have fun.

So PM me if you'd like to get together. I surf too and have a nice crew of women surfers to ride with and looking for similar stoke in the backcountry!

Post subject: Re: Chick Splitboard Partners?? SLT/Sierras
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:38 am 

Hmmm....36 views and no takers. How about expanding to women backcountry skiers?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:23 am 

how about dudes who look like chicks?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:27 am 

Yeah, there's a lot of sausage around here. I've never seen an all female crew on splittys in the backcountry :drool: , and only once or twice with skiers. Might be some ladies at the Cali Split Party next week if you can make it, though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:21 pm 

Hey Julesrules, If you are ever in the Tetons there are lots of ladies in the backcountry. Let me know if you are ever headed this way, I can hook you up with my lady and others.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:32 pm 

mtnman wrote:
Yeah, there's a lot of sausage around here. I've never seen an all female crew on splittys in the backcountry :drool: , and only once or twice with skiers. Might be some ladies at the Cali Split Party next week if you can make it, though.

Unfortunately won't make the split party but am headed to Mammoth/Eastern Sierras the following weekend...perhaps there will still be some people around?

split.therapy wrote:
Hey Julesrules, If you are ever in the Tetons there are lots of ladies in the backcountry. Let me know if you are ever headed this way, I can hook you up with my lady and others.

Thanks split.therapy for the offer - the Tetons is definitely on the to-do list, but I think I'd better earn some more turns locally before branching out.

Post subject: Looking forward to riding with you
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:08 pm 

Hi Jules,

I'm in same situation looking for female partner for BC splitboarding in the Sierras. Also Avi Level I certified with all gear. I'm in San Diego and I surf too. PM me if you want to go weekend of 4/10 or later.

Kanyucat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:26 pm 

Hi Jules,

I ride around SLT and the Sierras and I'm in the same boat too. I have lots more guy snowboarding buddies, than I have chick snowboarding buddies. It would be cool to have more chicks to ride with.

I ride every weekend and some weekdays when it's worth blowing off work for (powder dayz). Send me a PM next time you go riding.

Kanyucat, I think I will be going down to ride with the Cali-split crew party next weekend, but probably only Sat. and Sun., have to work Thurs., Fri. Maybe we will get to ride together on the Eastsiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!

Buffy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:35 pm 

Hi Buffy - I was about to suggest riding next weekend but i guess everybody will be at the cali split party. I was perusing that thread and it looks like it'll be an awesome time. I wish i could go but can't take off that friday and the thought of that drive on a friday night kills me.

I'm sure there will be loads of pics and TRs from the party - have a great time everybody and hope to meet up with people in late April/Early May!

Jules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:10 pm 

Hey Jules,

I posted a link to this thread for a friend of mine that would plug right into your splitboard SLT ladies posse. She volunteers with a backcountry ski patrol program based out of N. Lake, so she has good b/c kung fu. More importantly, she is one of the nicest people you'll meet. Hopefully she checks this out and connects with your newly forming crew.

JC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:12 pm 

Hey Buffy, I'll see you at the Cali Split Party!

Hi Jules, I PM'ed you about riding weekend of 4/10 or 4/17. Let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:02 pm 

Glad to see that there are some other chick splitboarders out there! Unfortunately I can't make the Cali Split Party but you guys have a great time and take lots of photos!

Kanyu - i sent you an email to your yahoo account. Hope to get together with either you or Buffy or both in the near future!

Jules

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:23 pm 

just wanted to update the thread to say that the splitboard forum is the best!

Buffy - sorry livetoride - and I have been out on 2.5 tours (one being KW sidecountry) and it's so very cool to ride with her cause she's got the local knowledge and experience plus she's so damn good it's very inspiring. She also waits for my slow-ass to catch-up. The only negative is when I can't follow her on the steep skin track!

So other Tahoe ladies - join in. Thus far our crew is 2 and it would be sick to grow that!

Kanyucat - as soon as the passes open.....!!!!!