Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seattle-ite new to splitboading-itching to get out!!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:47 pm 

Hi Puget Sound splitboarders,

I'm desperate to get out and do some backcountry runs before the snow is all gone. I just started backcountry boarding last season, but only made it out twice: once with a borrowed splitboard, the other time carrying my regular board on my back (it sucked). But I recently bought a used splitboard and I'm ready to go. I have all the necessary BC gear (beacon, probe, shovel, etc) and have been through Level 1 avy training. I've been snowboarding for about 13 years, so I can handle my own on the slopes. I'm primarily a weekend warrior, unless the conditions are perfect during the week; then I'll call in sick :) Anyone want to get out next weekend, Feb. 28 or March 1? Or even tomorrow (2/21)?! Shoot me a PM if you're interested. Hope to see you guys soon.

Jim

Post subject: Re: Seattle-ite new to splitboading-itching to get out!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:26 pm 

Jim:

Not that I am one to advocate going solo - but if you are hankering to get some easy turns in, Summit West is closed until Saturday and there is a lot of untapped powder sitting on it - its really cold up there, so the sun might not be baking it too much. I drove by it this morning after doing a little dawn patrol at Hyak and wished I had known what Summit West had looked like (it was dark when I started).

There are already a couple of skin tracks from folks poaching lines, but lots more to be had.

You can't get much easier than skinning from the car up the hill.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:00 pm 

Hey Jim,

I'm always looking to get out on the weekends and seem to always be looking for a partner. I'm down with the flu right now but I should be well enough to go somewhere this weekend. Let me know if you want to go out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:01 am 

Hey guys,

I am also a new splitboarder, I've been up on one tour so far to the Heather Ridge area. I'd love to meet some more people to go up with (usually weekends). I have all the gear and have taken avalanche training. Let me know!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:31 pm 

Hi guys and/or gals,

Scott, thanks for the heads-up on Snoqualmie East. My friends and I actually noticed that a few weeks ago when we attempted a trip up Mt. Catherine (we got a little turned around in there and never hit the peak). We told ourselves we should have just skinned up the ski run instead :) Good to know it's there, though, if I'm ever looking for a quick fix.

Sketchy and Rankin, good to hear from you guys. Yeah, I'd love to get in some more trips this season. I'm actually going out with "ale_capone" tomorrow (Heather Ridge, I think), so I'm not sure if I can squeeze in another trip this weekend. I will definitely let you know, though. If either of you are available tomorrow feel free to join us. I've never been out w/ ale_capone before (real name: Scott), but he seems pretty open to people joining him. Otherwise, let's get in touch before next weekend and try to work something out.

Take care guys!

Jim