Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wasatch 08/09
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:20 pm 

So i was thinking it would be cool to meet different riders around the wasatch. Since i'm working for voile full time i'm going to be a weekend warrior this year. I was thinking we could get a meet up group going at one of the park and ride lots every saturday/sunday once the season gets going. I rode solo the entire season last year, so it would be nice to have some partners to split with this winter.

-i might be jumping the gun since it is still 80 degerees outside. But they are saying snow this weekend. :D

Post subject: Re: Wasatch 08/09
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:28 pm 

If your working for Voile shouldn't dawn patrol be required.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:46 pm 

haha i think it is. i'm going to try ride before work a few days of the week. I think they will understand when i show up in thermals with a glazed look in my eyes and a grin on my face.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:31 pm 

You should argue that you should be on the clock. Chalk it up to product development.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:52 pm 

Wasatch - I am down to do some riding this year as I am also a weekend guy. I have a few friends that are into some big time stuff in the area (like the SL Twins, Coalpit, etc) so I have some knowledge resources there too. I just got an email from you guys and may be looking to upgrade to a new mojo from my 01/02 Voile. I also have the option to get a Burton S-Series for pretty cheap so am trying to decide.

I will be out of commission January and part of Feb. but want to get out a bunch in Nov-Dec and later in 09. I didn't get a pass this year so I will be game.

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:54 am 

I've got Fri through Mon off. I prefer really early starts. Fridays are best for me since my wife now has weekends off and she's a slow tourer :|. Let me know when you want to ride :drinks:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:57 am 

sounds good tom. I would like to start riding some of the bigger stuff so the beta would be great. I think you will really like the mojo. I haven't ridden the burton, but i know the mojo is bomber. what size are you looking at?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:01 am 

Stagger Lee wrote:
I've got Fri through Mon off. I prefer really early starts. Fridays are best for me since my wife now has weekends off and she's a slow tourer :|. Let me know when you want to ride :drinks:

god that is a great schedule. i had it last winter but really didn't take advantage of it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:38 pm 

Count me in for Saturdays. Didn't really get it rolling last year but all the excuses are done away with for this year. Down for Saturdays with the occasional weekday working as well. Big terrain and days work for me, PM me for contact info as we get closer.

Don

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:32 am 

I'm in.

New to the splitting game and to the Wasatch but I put in more than a few miles on the slo shoes last season here and multiple seasons back east. I know my way around White Pine out of the Gad II gate pretty good as well as some stuff down in Mineral Basin as well as Silver Fork and Mill D. Not a hard charger of the super duper gnar YET, I'm working my way up to it, all that could change with some responsible touring partners. I did the majority of my tours last season solo (cept for the Gad II stuff) so it was low angle for the most part.

As of right now I have Sun, Mon Tues and every other Wed off. Early is where it's at in my book. 5AM starts weren't unheard of for me last season but then again I was moving half the speed of a splitter...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:48 am 

Quote:
As of right now I have Sun, Mon Tues and every other Wed off

Damn! Sweet schedule.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:55 am 

thefugitive wrote:
I'm in.

New to the splitting game and to the Wasatch but I put in more than a few miles on the slo shoes last season here and multiple seasons back east. I know my way around White Pine out of the Gad II gate pretty good as well as some stuff down in Mineral Basin as well as Silver Fork and Mill D. Not a hard charger of the super duper gnar YET, I'm working my way up to it, all that could change with some responsible touring partners. I did the majority of my tours last season solo (cept for the Gad II stuff) so it was low angle for the most part.

As of right now I have Sun, Mon Tues and every other Wed off. Early is where it's at in my book. 5AM starts weren't unheard of for me last season but then again I was moving half the speed of a splitter...

fugitive-I also toured solo most of the season and stuck to riding trees most of the time. One of my main motivations for getting a group together was to ride some of the bigger terrain in wasatch with the added benefit of having some partners around in case something went wrong.

It looks like we will have a nice little posse this year. :thatrocks: Hopefully the snow gods are kind to us. :bow:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:36 pm 

I am in to do some riding this is my first year with a split, but have been using verts for a while and have an AT ski set up. I work starting at 2:30pm on the the weekdays with weekends off. I am hoping to change my start time to somewhere between 4-6 pm. I am in school, but only plan on taking a class this spring. Most of my touring has been in LCC, BCC, and Summit Park. I have a Canyons and a Snowbird pass, and am down to ride whenever. I have a sled that I usually use in the Unita's and Guardsman, but would like to get up to Monti Christo(sp).