Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bozeman Backcountry?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:54 am 

Hey your cool for shredding where ever you are. All im saying is in the last 15 years especially bozeman area backcountry riding has seen to many people in my humbled opinion. so i said don't move here. speaking of getting your nickers in a twist settle down. ya know, you dont have to respond to what i say. but am better at riding than you. and to be honest i dont realy dream of riding anywhere else but my own back yard. been dreaming of bumming here since i was 5 only then i was a mogul mouse at bridger.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:31 am 

We get our knickers in a twist when tools show up and act like splitboard.com is TGR. Why don't you try over there, instead of lousing up our backyard?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:26 am 

Bozemanative wrote:
Hey your cool for shredding where ever you are. All im saying is in the last 15 years especially bozeman area backcountry riding has seen to many people in my humbled opinion. so i said don't move here. speaking of getting your nickers in a twist settle down. ya know, you dont have to respond to what i say. but am better at riding than you. and to be honest i dont realy dream of riding anywhere else but my own back yard. been dreaming of bumming here since i was 5 only then i was a mogul mouse at bridger.

While I don't have to respond to what you say, I can certainly choose to whenever I like.

I'm sure you are a better rider than me! Probably 90% of the people on this board are better riders than me. I don't take that as an insult because being realistic about my ability keeps me open to learning more, which I do everytime I go out. I really consider myself fortunate that so many very talented and cool people have helped me learn about the sport of backcountry snowboarding. One of the great things that I really value about splitboard.com and the people I have met through it is the sharing and caring attitude. It's about having fun!

I saw a thing on ttips where a guy said there were 70 cars parked at Bridger Bowl (or somewhere - I don't know the area) when he finished his morning run at 10AM. That's crowded and I'm sorry you have to put up with it. But a bad attitude won't keep the crowds down - it'll just make them surely. If that's the only place to ride BC around around Bozeman than I'd say the BC there isn't so hot. But I'm sure like anywhere if you get up earlier or push deeper you'll have no trouble finding a good time. If riding BC in Bozeman is really that bad I invite to come out and check out the Sierra sometime. We have about 400 miles worth of peaks, including some big, steep lines. I guarantee you'll have a great time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:26 pm 

Speaking of TGR, there is a 38 page thread about Bridger backcountry.

Lots of great beta pics and such. Hmmm, should I post the link.

ahh, I guess not.

I can't even find a guide book for the bozeman area. Dude you have it good.

Doesn't everyone just hike up from the lifts anyway. At least they require avi gear to go up to keep the rif raf Justin Timberlake types away. Just Go Farther.

Oh, just how good are you at snowboarding? Like really good. Spankered?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:37 pm 

Junkie... He's sooooooo good that he can drop a 2' cliff, and do 2 turns b4 the ensuing "yard sale" occurs... that's when I'll ride by switch, and swipe his goggles.

The Bozemannative must be at least 15.. seeing he's sooo rad at boarding that he doesn't even capitalize his i's. At least his comment about being a better snowboarder is something a 5 year old would say.

-Luther Standing Bear,

http://splitrippin.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:35 pm 

Bozemanative wrote:
You could always go back to the east coast! thats a far better idea for someone like you. STAY OUT! :thatrocks:

I never really understood the whole "don't move here or else attitude" Its not exactly like bozeman is a secret. there are a lot of mountains around that area, i really doubt that one dude moving from the east coast is going to upset the entire balance of the backcountry scene. plus really what are you going to do about it?

the earth is overpopulated. deal with it.
bozemanative, go fuck yourself. thats far better idea for someone like you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:33 pm 

I just sit and laugh. it seems like i got a lot of people worked up! the riding around here is good and i cant even explain how much fun i have riding here, but thanks for the invite. as far as the Bridger scene it is pretty sad but i get up early so it dosent bother me to much. And just how good am I well i can do a ss bs ts in the bridger terain park sooo yeah. And i could easily drop a 4 cliff and then do at least 6 slash turns before catching an edge. Some day maybe i will return to my home state of Vermont and cut in a sweet BC line brah! :headbang:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:24 am 

you are good at baiting and trolling
yeah, you got some hard reactions, but what did you expect.
you don't have to play nice, and we don't either. OK.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:57 pm 

Just to get this thread back on topic...

I'm living in the Bozone again and looking for partners of my persuasion, i.e. like to go riding with some snowboarders rather than always a bunch of skiers. My pals are great, I hang with a motivated crew, but it'd be nice to add some more splitboarders to the mix. I also love riding Bridger and am out there quite often, so if you ever want to meet up for some ridge lines, get in touch.

And Bozemannewbie, I never saw you out in the ranges of the greater Yellowstone when I lived here from 03 to 05. There's a lotta peaks around here. If you're riding crowded snow and lines in MT, you're not trying hard enough to get the goods. Guess you're pretty new to the sport eh? Or maybe just more motivated to type inflammatory messages on this forum than actually go riding in the backcountry. Suck a phat one brutha, or better yet move to my hometown Jackson. Plenty of your type down there. Locals only brah!

(and since you're a native, you should check out Montana State University. They have some high school-level courses that could really help you improve your spelling, grammar, and communication in general)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:29 pm 

this thread is hilarious!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:25 pm 

oh snap! good thing your garbage at snowboarding! rock on bro go buy some new Patagonia gear!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:24 pm 

Boznative ...coming to Scrubfest? Its gonna be a blast

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:38 pm 

Hey boznative- what's your name again? I ride with plenty of real Bozeman natives and none of them talk the shit that you do.
And about the garbage- shoot me an email thru this site. We'll go ride Bridger or a peak. If you can keep up, we'll see who's garbage at the end of the day.
And seriously, go check out Jackson! You'd fit right in. Bozeman doesn't need you and all the southern boys out for the season would lend a worshipful ear to your drivel.