Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bozeman Backcountry?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:35 pm 

Hey everyone,

my name is Jon and I've been in Bozeman for about a year now. I worked at the Yellowstone Club last winter and got my east coast skills more accustomed to the depth of snow out here in MT.

I’ve done a bunch of backcountry on the east coast, including a February summit and snowboard decent of Mt Washington and tucks. The most I’ve done out here has been out of bounds and the ridge of Bridger. Slushmans was my favorite, but now it’s going to be way over harvested.

Anyway, I was hoping to find some other people to venture into Hyalite and the Spanish peaks with. I’m still getting my splitboard off the ground so I’ll be booting until then.

Post subject: Re: Bozeman Backcountry?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:41 pm 

Hey Jon,

I've been looking for partners to split with in the area. So far no takers though. Dec. 3rd, 4th and 6th is the ASMSU Avalanche Level I safety course. It would be a good place to meet partners.

- Sam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:37 pm 

You could always go back to the east coast! thats a far better idea for someone like you. STAY OUT! :thatrocks:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:44 pm 

awe man bra! you're totally harshin my vibe! i'm sure you're totally from Bozeman dude! you and all the other people from CA with $2000 setups rolling into the backcountry.

it must be hard to find all that free time with your trust fund.

lay off

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:44 pm 

Anybody got a photo of this guy so we can ignore him in real life too? :scratch:
Bozemanative wrote:
You could always go back to the east coast! thats a far better idea for someone like you. STAY OUT! :thatrocks:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:00 pm 

Yes - Bozemanative owns the whole backcountry in Montana. It's his personal property, so STAY OUT. Even though it's the only place the provencial little butthole has ever been, Bozemanative knows it must be the best backcountry in the whole wide world. Hey Bozemanative - ever dream of visiting anywhere besides your local mountain? WELL STAY THE FUCK IN BOZEMAN.

PS Do you walk the walk our just talk like a little bitch? Was your car made in BOZEMAN? Was your snowboard made in BOZEMAN? Was your toothbrush made in BOZEMAN? Is all the food you eat locally grown in BOZEMAN? Was your computer box made in BOZEMAN? If you are willing to accept goods and services designed, created, and grown by the good people who live outside of BOZEMAN why the fuck do you think you have any business telling people they can't visit? One of BOZEMAN's natural resources is beautiful mountains. The $$ that visits to those mountains brings helps pay for the goods and services that you import from other places. So fucking deal with it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:28 am 

Your anger is funny, Bozemannative. Thanks for providing me a laugh.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:09 pm 

Man, I can't tell what's more weird, Bozonative with his 4 posts and at least half of them saying the exact same thing, the ulcer that SanFrantasico is growing over the whole deal, or the near epileptic fit that I need to fight off whenever I log on and see all those smilies.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:27 pm 

Maybe Bozeman native needs stuff his head up his own ass... just to get a view of what a real asshole looks like....

friggin douche :nononno:

-Luther Standing Bear,

http://splitrippin.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:36 pm 

splittilps wrote:
...the ulcer that SanFrantasico is growing over the whole deal, or the near epileptic fit that I need to fight off whenever I log on and see all those smilies.

I surfed for 18 years before I started getting into backcountry snowboarding. Little gangs of local dickheads are a total plague on the sport, so much so that I barely go surfing unless I'm traveling somewhere remote. People spend so much energy hassling each other and throwing out vibes that it sucks the fun right out of the sport. Believe me, you don't want those vibes to pervade this sport. There's kind of an excuse in surfing because there can be 50 people stacked up at a point break trying to get their turn at the next wave, so at least the crowding is real. If there are a few other people on a whole fricken mountain it seems kinda silly for that dude to twist his knickers.

Oh yeah...

:bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas:
:bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas: :bananas:

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:55 pm 

Hey, our first troll. Or maybe an alias.:drinks:
This should be fun.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:02 am 

[quote="SanFrantastico"][I surfed for 18 years before I started getting into backcountry snowboarding...quote]

I see where you're coming from but this guy is just an internet troll.

He's just playing the "I've lived in Bozeman longer than you game". It's de rigour around here and EVERY single local web forum, or public social gathering, has someone that's doing it. It takes newcomers and little kids a few years to figure out that no one gives a f---.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:29 pm 

Yeah - I know that game well. It's played by losers the world over who don't have anything else going on for them. If I sound apoplectic on the issue, that's more my mad flame war skills showing through than any real anger so you'll be happy to know that my digestive system is in good working order. But I am perfectly happy let dickweeds such as Bozemanative know that they are full of sh*t. When bullsh*t is repeated too many times without a challenge people start to believe it.

Also I think it's flat-out rude that the dude comes on the site to learn about the sport and get bc snowboarding stoke from all the people that contribute here, but his only contribution is to bray like an ass.