Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Wasatch 08/09
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:51 am 

So if we get the snow that is forecasted anyone down to hit some dawn patrols thursday morning? :thatrocks:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:57 pm 

Heading up to Alta in the morning. PM me if you want to hook up

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:02 am 

So the first weekend of the season is upon us. Its going to be sunny again today so hopefully we don't lose a lot of coverage. I'm in the process of moving, but i really want to get out tomorrow morning at least. If anyone is interested reply here or send a PM. :thatrocks:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:45 pm 

anyone wanna do a crusty snow tour this weekend? I really need to get out and get some exercise.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:05 am 

i live up in PC and and have been a solo splitter since i got here last Nov.- skinning with just skiiers....Im up for a tour whenever...i'd be nice to ride with some sideways standing people for once who can also skin up!

Ill try to keep updated on this forum as the winter goes on...new on here. I dont work much....or as little as possible so i am usually availible too!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:54 am 

We finally got some snow and looks like we will get more this weekend. Anyone want to get to a group going for this weekend? Might have to stick to some low angle terrain if we end up getting a big storm. The two crust layers and sugar underneath has me slighty worried. :scratch:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:19 pm 

wasatch...im in...just PM me....not working right now (like most people in banking) so im ready to go whenever

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:27 pm 

Alright, I'm having a hard time getting out to run or bike and I need to shock myself back into early morning pursuits in the winter. I need some partners who can do early, midweek dawn patrols. I don't have one of these perfect jobs where I can play in the mountains all day. I actually need to get into in the office every day. So, who's game for some early morning splitting?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:54 pm 

frozone wrote:
Alright, I'm having a hard time getting out to run or bike and I need to shock myself back into early morning pursuits in the winter. I need some partners who can do early, midweek dawn patrols. I don't have one of these perfect jobs where I can play in the mountains all day. I actually need to get into in the office every day. So, who's game for some early morning splitting?

I would like to get out early as well. I need to be in my desk around 8:30 am mon-fri. It's going to be really cold this week but if you want a partner to tour with in the future send me a PM and we will set something up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:58 am 

I'll be in Ogden Friday through Monday with NPG from TGR. If any of you Utards would like to join up with a couple of Colorado 'tards for tour, shoot me a pm. I don't leave until late tomorrow (after 6 mountain). It would be great to hook up with some of you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:22 pm 

Hey, I've been out of the scene for a while due to an unforeseen surgery at the beginning of Dec. :cry: But I'm good to go now and have had a couple of tours under my belt and worked out the junkshow of my kit. :rock: Been staying in Porter Fork on solo runs with the dog and just went out white pine at the bird today and had a good tour through Scotties bowl. I have most Wed, Thur and some Sundays available. Live in Sandy and have a bird pass so LCC is a natural but I look forward to adventures in AF and a certain mountain range to the west....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:35 pm 

I am looking to find someone to tour with tomorrow (2/19/09) (as well as any other time within the next month and a half,) thought I had a couple people, but it sounds like they're working. I've been touring a lot in the Cottonwoods lately and am would be stoked to get back up there or anywhere else for that matter. Today was deep and I suspect the same for tomorrow. I can skin/ride fast, lay down a mean skinner, I have AAIRE Level 2, and I'm beggining to know my way around the Cottonwoods...if thats any motivation for letting me into your touring posse.

Adios!

my email is ansel.gifford@lyndonstate.edu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:54 pm 

Hey there, I'm Bucky, a Wasatch splitter for past 12 seasons. My turn-ons include world peace, kittens and long walks away from the beach.

Thursday (Feb 26th) might be an ok day for touring, if we get some fresh snow. If anybody fancies hooking up for an all-day tour on THursday, I plan on getting out that day, and I'm fishing for some new partners who can go on weekdays.

I suggest an Alta to BCC tour, and that we would meet at the 6200 S Park and Ride and take the 8:15 bus up to Alta, then hitch back to the 6200 P&R at end of day. I'm open to other suggestions though. Send me PM if interested.