It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: S-bag this weekend?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:54 am 

Anyone interested?

Anyone have a boat? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:41 pm 

The Resort actually responded to an email I sent last week. He says they are trying to be open this weekend. Whether that means the boat's running or not - I'm not sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:50 pm 

Remember how delayed they we were on the ferry's opening day a few years ago. If I remember right you ended up only getting one run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:03 pm 

Yah, but that was because I had to be home for some family thing at like 5pm (after a 3-hr drive).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:51 am 

Just made last-minute plans to head out there w/Buffy and Dave. It's not clear if the boat taxi will be running or not. As of a couple days ago, what I heard was it was "supposed" to be up by the weekend. Today, I just got this:

Quote:
Dogs are allowed for a small fee. Also, I haven't talked with the owners in two days so I am not sure when the will start running. They are really close to opening up.

We're just going to head out for a mellow day trip and probably just hit some stuff right near Greenstone. Buffy is on injured reserve, so she's not allowed to carry her snowboard, or fall! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:05 pm 

Awesome. What day jimw? Any chance of carpool? Also, Greenstone may not be too much of an option this time of year. Prolly better off getting to the snowfinger area. It would also be cool to try and get the north peak coolers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:58 pm 

We're probably heading over there tomorrow AM, but we're going to car camp down at Mammoth RV park Sat night, and Sun we'll probably just do some hiking or check out Bodie or something, so I dunno if the carpool situation would work out.

I know snow finger etc will have better snow, but we'll probably stick to Greenstone for a few reasons:

- Buffy is on injured reserve and will be hiking, and I'll be carrying her stuff. Both reasons to not go very far. :)
- Dogs are allowed in the NF, but not Hall research area. Hall doesn't include the stuff around Greenstone, but does include pretty much everything past the cliff and up to Conness. So if we stick to Greenstone the dogs can go.
- The pics in the TR on ttips from a few days ago didn't look too horrible around Greenstone...

I guess we'll just see how it goes. You should totally hit up North Peak though! :)