Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My 2008 Tick List (mostly CO, some UT and CA)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:53 pm 

Spring riding time is here and it seems like every day I get a wedding invitation in the mail that ruins another possible splitboard weekend. So now I've finally gathered my thoughts and put together my big-mountain schedule for 2008. I'm always looking to ride with new people, so let me know if you are interested in any of these.

(FYI: I am a weekend warrior. The dates listed are all Saturdays, but most trips will span the entire weekend.)

April 5: Silverton Mountain, San Juan Mountains
April 12: I will be in San Franscisco on Friday for business. I want to bring my split and rent a car for the weekend if anyone would care to show me around the mountains.
April 19: Buffalo Mountain (the Silver Couloir) and other possibilities in Summit County
April 28 (Monday): I will be coming back from Las Vegas to Aspen, and I want to hit a line in the La Salle Mountains in Eastern Utah.
May 3: Ski Hayden Peak, other lines in the Aspen area
May 10: Snowmass Mountain (the Big Bowl). This will be a two night expedition from Friday to Sunday.
May 17: Lines in the Indian Peaks Wilderness; possibly James Peak (Shooting Star Couloir)
May 24: Castle Peak (East Face) via Green Wilson Hut, Star Peak (South Face) via Friends Hut
May 31: Mt. Elbert, Sayers Peak, Grizzly Peak, or other lines off of Independence Pass
June 7: Mt. Sopris (multiple lines)
June 14: Rocky Mountain National Park, Longs Peak (the Trough), or Notchtop Mountain (Notchtop Couloir)
July 5: Independence Pass

:D :D :D
-Luca

Check out my writings: http://www.adamlreiner.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:46 pm 

Damn dude...you are organized. Are you an accountant? :mrgreen:

I'm down for Buffalo/Silver...not sure on a date though. Weather and snow conditions will dictate. Late April is a good time though. We hit it early May, and it was a bit too warm. Nonetheless, a great ride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:06 am 

PM me or repost when you get close to the Front Range for IPW. I may try and go or at least have some beta for ya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:53 pm 

I'll probably be in to the front range stuff, IPW, RMNP.

Post subject: snowmass
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:16 pm 

hey luca

I'm down on snowmass what day do you plan on hitting the bowl? Thats an east face so if its corn one would have to hit it before noon maybe earlier? Also the friends hut is pretty booked, but maybe you have reservations. I was looking at star peak today and there is some serious riding to be had.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:47 am 

True, I've reserved GW Hut Friday and Friends Saturday and through Memorial day.

For Snowmass, we will plan to be summitting early Sunday morning.

fortysix&2 wrote:
Damn dude...you are organized. Are you an accountant? :mrgreen:

Worse: Construction Supe. All I do is make "work lists" for people on a daily basis. I'm lucky if 20% of them actually get done, but I haven't found a better method so I stick to it. :wink:

Check out my writings: http://www.adamlreiner.com