Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: North Cascades touring 2/19 to 2/25
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:37 pm 

I have most of next week and next weekend off and I'd like to come down to WA for some touring. Is anyone else available? I'd like to explore the area around Mt Baker a bit more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:14 pm 

i will probably be at baker in one form or another. we will see what the weather does. let me know if you come down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:20 pm 

Might be a little late, but I am pretty sure I will be up doing something in the Baker are this weekend. Probable sat and sun.Probably going to stay in van zandt and do cahir lift assisted epending on conditions. I'll have my split too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:06 am 

I've got Monday and Tuesday off next week (25th & 26th) and at the moment the weather looks like it might be sunny. Might be a good day for a longer tour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:17 am 

I'll be at Baker ski area Tuesday 26th. Riding slackcountry off chair 8, mumbles is supposed to show, refried, too. May be a bud coming from Seattle area to ride with me too. Shuksan Arm/Hemisperes target area. Look for a BIG pearly white Rad-Air Tanker with plate bindings, that'll be me. Refried will be on the 200 Tanker! Meet up at the White Salmon (lower) lodge around 8.45 am, and play nice with the old guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:44 am 

I might be up for that on Tuesday. I'll keep you posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:58 am 

So at he moment my plan is to head up to Baker tomorrow night and tour on Monday and whatever on Tuesday. Are you guys still planning on meeting up on Tuesday? Anyone going to be up there Monday? I'll be camped out in the upper parking lot Monday and Tuesday night if you want to meet there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:32 pm 

Tuesday am at White Salmon. 8.30-8.45 am. We will be there near the lift. Look for my white 192 Tanker w/plates, refried's 200 Tanker, mumbles big 172 Burton, possibly a big swallowtail in the mix. I'd meet with you, but I am going to be at Crystal on raceboards with about 8 people. Might be local backcountry tomorrow, undecided at this moment, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:49 pm 

I'm a GO for Sunday if there is anyone riding.

I'm also a GO for Tuesday. I will have to leave wicked early to make the projected tee time, but if BGnight can do all his night maneuvers I can do it on occasion. I'll be looking for the HUGE board crew and jcocci near lift #7 around 8:30.

Did I mention I'm a GO for Sunday if anyone is riding? I'd rather not drive all the way to Baker...but I will go where there are potential partners and snow.

Drop a response here or PM, I will check back periodically this evening.

DC Torch / Lowa Structura EVO AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:00 pm 

Is there a plan for Tuesday with you guys for riding? Meaning where? Just curious.

I haven't been out on my raceboard set-up in a few seasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:11 pm 

JCOCCI, Jon Dahl's plan for Tuesday is to lift up 7 then 8 and then go OB up to the Shuksan Arm then out. He has offered to assemble a small group of us. I guess the intent is to make some laps from the Arm and Hemispheres, presumbaly back down to 8 to lift back up to begin the boot packing. He will be on his HUGE solid tanker, refried will be on his monster solid board, I will be on my solid supermodel or if snow is new and conditions merit I may try riding one of Jon's swallowtails. You could ride whatever you want, but Jon indicates this to be more of a Vert and boot packing voyage over a split outing.

The departure plan is to meet around lift 7 at about 8:45.

I hope I clarified this a bit, but you know me, I can't find my way out of a wet paper bag, much less a woods full of snow.

DC Torch / Lowa Structura EVO AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:55 pm 

Mumbles is the man, this is exactly the plan. No raceboards, bring whatever you are comfy with outa bounds. We can ride together 'till we get tired of each other, or tired. Just have your beacon, probe, and shovel. No new snow and a settled snowpack should bode well for us, but a pit digging session is still in order for the morning. I am looking forward to riding with whoever shows, it gets boring not riding with others. See you all Tuesday, I'm going to be @ Crystal Monday......carving session planned there with 8-9 total! :D p.s. jocci, what are you camping in?? If I show early enough, I'll kick in the door!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:52 pm 

My raceboard comment was in regards to riding tomorrow. Not sure I'll be camping or not at this point, may have a change of plans.