Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Split partners up in Canadian Rockies
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:27 pm 

Hey, I'm looking for some riding partners up in Eastern B.C. (Rockies or Columbia Mountains) Day trips or overnighters. Also looking for people to do Icefield traverses in the spring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:34 pm 

hey, probably going through golden/revy/ lake louise in a week or so, possibly looking for an oppurtunity. , rollin with a skier, both newbies to the bc game, but willing and able to do'er to'er

lets discuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:14 pm 

I'm in the revy area, if you are looking for a partner I may be available. It all depends the work schedule. pm me if need be. Which icefields are you thinking of traversing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:24 pm 

depends on stability, but maybe an overnighter at illicilliwat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:42 am 

Ya on overnighter in Rogers Pass was sort of what I was thinking too. I can arrange to get most days of work with some notice. So just let me know.

Quote:
I'm in the revy area, if you are looking for a partner I may be available. It all depends the work schedule. pm me if need be. Which icefields are you thinking of traversing?

Ya I'm always looking for more partners.I'm in Canmore, but driving to Rogers or Revy for the day is all good. My schedule is pretty flexable. I really want to do the Columbia Icefield, but at this point I would settle for doing the Wapata.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am 

I am trying to get as many tours/turns in as possible this winter so drop me a line. I am off Saturdays,Sundays and Mondays. Have car will travel :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:11 pm 

i am looking for a few trips in rogeres as well, possibly overnight if conditions are good. it be nice to find a few partners in the area

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:02 pm 

I may be coming up sometime in the next month from MT when weather and avy conditions are favorable. Looking to shralp steep lines, drops, couloirs or snowboard mountaineering objectives (though I'm mainly into having a good time). Down for the Parkway, Rogers or elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:40 am 

A bit to the south of you, but we tour in the waterton and castle areas. Just spent last weekend at the kootenay pass. I have Sat-Mon off all winter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:12 am 

nomad wrote:
I may be coming up sometime in the next month from MT when weather and avy conditions are favorable. Looking to shralp steep lines, drops, couloirs or snowboard mountaineering objectives (though I'm mainly into having a good time). Down for the Parkway, Rogers or elsewhere.

That's great your heading up to Canada..but what the hell have you been doing this winter? Are you still getting after big time objectives (i.e Alex Lowe Peak) with that skier friend of yours (can't remember his name)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:35 pm 

Eco -

I've been getting out, but under the radar. So far this year, there's been so much snow that the big lines haven't really been doable. Kyle (skier friend) is more into ice climbing and ski patrolling these days. Don't worry, some lengthy trip-report will come up sometime in the future. I'm also busy working on some mag articles.....

Treepilot - I may be getting in touch with you before I swing on up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:20 pm 

nomad wrote:
Eco -

I've been getting out, but under the radar. So far this year, there's been so much snow that the big lines haven't really been doable. Kyle (skier friend) is more into ice climbing and ski patrolling these days. Don't worry, some lengthy trip-report will come up sometime in the future. I'm also busy working on some mag articles.....

Treepilot - I may be getting in touch with you before I swing on up.

Cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:39 pm 

Hey Nomad
If you make it up to Revy from MT do you think you could hook up some bro deal shipping on some spark bindings? Asuming Will has some ready.

I tour around Revelstoke all the time too so let me know if you come up either way.