Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: bc partners for summit/park county co.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:32 am 

hey whats up .I'm looking for bc partners with avi1 or higher experience,trust worthy,good communication,etc.I have an intermediate level of bc experience and an advanced riding level.I'm looking to work with someone to gain higher levels of expertise/experience.I love all aspects of riding/mnt travel my goal is to become a high level splitboard mountainer.I really want someone who is into digging pits,practicing beacon/rescue,leadership/active participant,the whole nessasary gig. thanks peace out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:40 am 

I'm down with all the above, but no avi cert yet. I've mostly been touring this year, digging pits, doing snow study stuff, just no formal cert.
Bill

Post subject: Reply
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:54 am 

Where do you live ?When/where do youusually ride?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:16 pm 

I live in Florissant, just East of the Park/Teller county line. I'm off every other day and would ride just about anywhere in the state. I've been sticking to pretty mellow terrain and would like to build up slowly untill my avy skills catch up with riding. I've got a very good record with risk analysis and want to keep that going!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:46 pm 

Right on my name is Pete I've been riding on Hoosier Pass a bit it's pretty fun not great ,runs are mellow/safe but a little short I'm scoping out this area cause it's close to my house.I am looking for the longest runs possible theres a few runs that I believe will shape up to be good.I'm down to ride just about any where let me know if you want to hook up we could practice some beacon searches,pits etc. and of course make some fresh turns.peace out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:44 pm 

I lived in Fairplay for a few years; I just moved to Summit. There are some really good spring rides in The Mosquitos; many of which, I've not hit. You'll have fun for sure come late March. I recommend Horseshoe NE couloir (can't remember the name), and Sherman East Chutes from Sacremento (you can see them from Hwy 9). We tried Northstart one year, but it cracked when I put my board down...real thin and weak in that area. I've seen it slide, too.

Anyway, I'm always down for riding with new folks. But, I am not really into snowboard mountaineering in the winter. I'd be up for some cramponing in late spring (April/May). Maybe we can hook up sometime.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:04 pm 

Pete, Let me know when you want to get out, Beacon practice, mellow lines etc. I may be going to check some "backyard" tree lines with the Family tomorrow, and I'm off wed,thur, fri this week.
Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:14 pm 

46&2 I like your username seems to remind me of a band I love.I used to live in summit but wanted to buy an affordable home so heres Fairplay.The mountainering thing is a near future goal rite now it's mostly just day trips either splitting or resort.I ride most days give me a call if you want to ride(970)389-1095.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:24 pm 

Hey Bill.I'de be down for some riding this week.I don,t really know where florrisant is but i do know park county is huge whats a good area close to you.I have got hoosier pass which is ok and getting better as well as summit county stuff.Shrednarr an old friend of mine and I did Berthod pass on sat.and that was fun.I havent ridden wolf creek this year thats always fun but a little far.Monarch pass I here is good I love the ski area.I'll look at a map to see where abouts you are and then do some brain storming.(970)389-1095.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:43 am 

I'm always down. I make it up to summit county from CB every few weeks.