Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pac Nor West partners (nice & kind ones)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:29 pm 

So I made the decision this yeat to split only and forego the season's pass at Alpental. Might sound silly-- but the reason is twofold:

1) I'm frustrated with my circle of friends in that whenever I bring up politics / current state of affairs they don't want to hear anything of it. So, I told them that next time they are dropping into one of our favorite lines I won't be there and that is a reminder that there is some f'd up stuff going on. i'm sure folks are thinking-- whateva- more pow for the rest of us.

2) Powder anxiety-- mine and everyone's at the resorts. I'll typically hike all day for a few turns anyway and just enjoy being out there. So it is a good way to chill out and soak it all up.

What I'm slowly getting at is I need to find some folks to partner up with. Esp now since it is DUMPING here. Esp cold for here too. Nice and kind!!

Holler at ya caller!!

ciao,
mc

Post subject: Re: Pac Nor West partners (nice & kind ones)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:17 am 

mc1212 wrote:
So I made the decision this yeat to split only and forego the season's pass at Alpental.
Holler at ya caller!!
ciao,mc

Good for you :!: I'm over the inbounds bullshit as well. The ego's are insane! Attitude sucks. "Does anyone remember laughter?" Robert Plant/Led Zep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:23 pm 

hit me up- we can ride with the Slut. he's got better knowledge of local terrain than I do(i'm from California). there's a lot of good riding here and we're on the cusp of a lot more accumulation. also check out turnsallyear.com for goings on and such

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:45 pm 

If you want to ride around the Hood / St. Helens / Adams area, look me up. I am usually game. Slow, but game.

(And we can talk politics, regardless of affiliation. But beware, sometimes I get a little vocal...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:09 pm 

hitting hyak tomorrow (12/20) with buffalo sky (k9 cruiser). keeping it mellow due to all the new snow. and it keeps coming.

plan is to be there a bit post-dawn patrol.

-mc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:15 pm 

oh yeah-- thanks for the support! :wink:

def down for some of the south wa volcanoes in the spring.

also down for some sessions with rapskallion & the slut-- only not sure the endurance is there yet to keep up with all those laps. we ride similar terrain- only i'm not familiar with the specifics of the slut's spots.

been on tay for a few years now. also frequent snowboard seattle forum too (i think that is where i learned about this site).

think snow,
mc

Post subject: Me too
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:48 am 

Yeah, I got my split in the spring and haven't had much time to get around on the thing yet. I would love to get together for some backcountry turns and learn more about what I'm doing with this thing. I have AV equpment and have practiced using it.

PM me to put me on the group list if that's how it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:42 pm 

Otto & others,

I live in Portland. I haven't been on the split since I left the Wasatch 2 years ago. I NEED TO GET OUT!

I'm up for any weekend trips.

I have Christmas week off of work, so I'd be game for some splitting. Mellow is fine as I've been pretty lazy lately.

PM me or respond or is there a portland area email list going on?