Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: South Lake Tahoe ski lease - $1100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:02 pm 

I've posted this on TGR, but we're still looking for people so I thought I'd post here.

I am in the process of ripping my first splitboard and am just starting out in BC this season. I'll be mainly at Kirkwood doing resort skiing and sidecountry until I feel more comfortable about learning routes in the Tahoe area and find fine folks to go with. I'm 27, male, decently experienced resort rider (i.e., Chamoix at Kirkwood, the 58 at Sugar Bowl, Mott at Heavenly) but not a hardcore ripper. Anyway, that's me.

Our group of 20 & 30 year olds is getting a house in Tahoe Keys on the waterfront. It's got some great amenities. The house is a 4-bed 2.5 bath, has beds for 10 and couches (might be a pullout I need to find out) and floor space (so we could get some inflatable mattresses too). We're planning our group to be 12 people or so.

Other amenity highlights:
Wifi
42 inch Plasma in master bedroom
Stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops in kitchen
2 decks overlooking Mt. Tallac and Keys waterfront
- one deck that has a hot tub on it and a boat dock
wet bar and dining room table
big screen TV with DVD and X box (you provide the games)

5 months 12/1 - 4/30
$1100 for singles, $1700 couples - total and upfront, including utilities.
$150 deposit due as soon as you want to secure a spot.
Rest of the money at the end of the month when we pay the landlord.
Guest fees will probably be $35 a night on weekends, maybe less on weekdays.

Some of the group is based out of SF (predominantly the Mission) and some are based out of Berkeley. I will have a KW pass and most others will have Heavenly if you are curious about carpools for the resorts. Everyone is financially responsible and we're not looking to party every night. The group is an interesting mix of researchers, grad students, and working professionals. I for one work in energy efficiency.

Some of us are going to Icer Air this weekend if you want to meet. I also work in the Financial District and live in Berkeley if you want to meet around there too.

Anyway, PM if you are interested.

Cheers,
SchralphMacchio

Post subject: Re: South Lake Tahoe ski lease - $1100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:30 pm 

SchralphMacchio wrote:
I for one work in energy efficiency.

Sounds like a cool place.

Out of curiosity, do you happen to work for big blue at 245 market/77 beale?

Post subject: Re: South Lake Tahoe ski lease - $1100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:47 pm 

mmcpheet wrote:
Sounds like a cool place.

Out of curiosity, do you happen to work for big blue at 245 market/77 beale?

Close, but not exactly.

They ARE, however paying our rent. We won the California Cleantech open (a competition for energy-related startups) and the prize was one year of office space in the Financial District. They wanted to put us up in the 245 Market building, but ended up leasing space for us at 50 1st Street. Needless to say, when they stop paying the bills we will no longer be located in the heart of the Financial District :)

I'd direct you to our website but it really doesn't say much about what we do yet. In short: wireless lighting controls (retrofit or new construction) that can save 50% of commercial lighting energy and a lot of money in facility management benefits. Adura Technologies.

Do YOU work at 245 Market / 77 Beale?

When I was standing in line at Chipotle 2 hours ago I recognized quite a few people who do :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:38 pm 

I used to work in 245 market, but I escaped to Auburn a year ago. Still with blue, but in a much different capacity.

Seems like some interesting work (relatively) on the customer energy efficiency side. You probably caught this article, but if you haven't:

http://www.powermag.com/powerweb/archive_article.asp?a=88-DEPT_Comm&y=2007&m=september

And Chipotle? When you're that close to the mission or even pancho villas at pier 1 . Image :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:07 pm 

mmcpheet wrote:
And Chipotle? When you're that close to the mission or even pancho villas at pier 1 . Image :wink:

I'd be with you if I still ate meat. Chipotle, however is one of the best options for vegetarian burritos. Grilled onions and bell peppers, black beans, rice, guacamole, corn salsa, and spicy salsa - every time.

Otherwise, hell yeah, al pastor or carnitas at good ol' Pancho Villa's.

:D

Post subject: bumpie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:06 am 

Bumping because we are trying to finalize the group and all the financial stuff this week and we have 1 or 2 spaces that we want to fill.

If you're going to be in Tahoe BC, the Heave, or Kirkwood this season and want to be in a house with a nice blend of resort and backcountry folks, give me a PM. The house is available starting Friday 11/30 and going through April. Be ready for the next storm cycle!

This house is humongous - I was there this weekend and walked around. It's pretty damn big and we'll have a lot of space. The hot tub fits at least 6 people and looks right out onto the Tahoe Keys waterfront. I paced out the house (didn't have a tape measure) but it looked like 70 feet by 25 feet and 2-stories tall for lots of sq. feet! ... and we're planning 13 full-time members in the group total so I expect plenty of room for everyone to relax and stretch out.

So in summary:
-It is going to rock
-You need a place to sleep before and after you ski -- one with ample room and a nice hot tub is even better
-Send me a PM!