Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Silverton bootpacking Dec 1 & 2, 8 & 9
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:22 am 

Silverton is looking for volunteers to bootpack their terrain, and in exchange for each day worked you get a free lift pass for use later in the season (and you get a little bit of riding in while packing too)!

Dates are Dec 1, 2, 8, and 9. Its about 6 hours from Denver but I am going to go for 1 and 2.

Check it out http://www.silvertonmountain.com/news.php

Check out my writings: http://www.adamlreiner.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:02 pm 

Bumping this. I'm heading down Friday morning. We have room for one more in the truck if anyone is down.

Check out my writings: http://www.adamlreiner.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:29 am 

I hope you brought your camera dude.

Today: Periods of snow with areas of blowing snow, mainly after 11am. High near 31. Breezy, with a south southwest wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tonight: Periods of snow with widespread blowing snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 22. Breezy, with a south southwest wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 16 to 22 inches possible.

Saturday: Periods of snow with widespread blowing snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 27. Windy, with a southwest wind between 25 and 35 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 11. Breezy, with a west southwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Ill be interested to see if they still have the bootpacking going on, Im kind of doubting it in a blizzard. Be safe!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:13 am 

Yeah, they are talking FEET of snow in that region. Hope you bring all your splittin' gear, 'cause I think you are going to need it!