Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: East Coast split rental
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:24 pm 

I'm looking for a shop that rents splitboards anywhere on the East Coast. Would love to demo some before putting so much cash out there. Anyone know of any places? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:18 pm 

pt,
Man, I'm reaaaallly sorry to be the barer of bad news, but I was in the same spot until a few weeks ago. I got to try one out last summer when I was in Portland, OR, but I never could find a shop that sells splits, much less rents them, on the east-coast. ikkin and I and a few others made some noise about trying to have a festival this year, but nothing happened so far. perhaps next year we will start planning a bit earlier, and we can line up some demos.

So, I guess that's what I can offer... If you make it to CO, UT, OR, WY, or BC CA, I'm sure you can find one to rent, but often they are older models, and there's a good chance they'll only have one. Other than that, if you know what kind of board you're interested in, look for a bad-a$$ sale. If you change your mind, you can probably unload it here without losing too much money...

Best of Luck,
Shep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:09 pm 

A split fest on the east coast could be sweet! I know i would take part and a few riding partners also! I could even help organizing the event!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:42 pm 

a tough call.

you might be able to get a west coast shop to ship you a rental if you pay all shipping, just a thought. might work, might not... then again, you'll need to set everything up for your preferred stance, which can be confusing and sometimes frustrating for a first timer w/o instructions. maybe they'll offer to set up your stance angles and pucks prior to shipping, then let you mount the binders yourself. who knows, might help.

i'd try wasatch touring in slc, ut. google for contact info and phone. other shops are around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:36 pm 

Thanks for the info. I'll either look to score one online now with all the end of season sales or just hope for the East Coast Split Fest next season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:31 pm 

I'm down for a split-fest next season. Not sure what everyone's industry contacts are but I've dealt with Voile as an event sponsor recently, and I'm sure they'd be more than willing to work with all of us to get something going for the east coast.