Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ColoRADbro Splitineering
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:22 pm 

well I continue my quest for partners, I am always down for a little tourin and yo-yoin' with whoever, especially on those stormy and/or high danger days so get in touch if thats your game....

otherwise what I am really looking for is serious ski mountaineering orineted folks who are down for longdays, big vertical, and big objectives like winter 14teenr ascents/descents and searching out the classic big couloirs and asthetic lines.

I am looking for partners that want to explore and get into to stuff no one ever does and who can ride/ski steep tight techy terrain....mid-winter...not simply waiting for spring (which if thats your case I will be down to hook up with you then too).

I have found it very much possible to ride big lines in Rado' in winter powder conditions, providing one has good avi skills/expereince....evalutation oriented as well as a mountaineering oriented approach to making descents. (if you doubt me just look at C. Davenports recent senders).

The reason I am saying all this is because I come from a goal oriented ski mountaineering background, and since living here its been culture shock for me not being able to find like-minded riders...maybe I am just missing you all?

Either way most of my experience with people so far has been accusations of being "crazy"....which is not the case ...rather, at the heart of this post is a rationalistic climber's spirit (if any responds in the affirmative you will be one who understands that).

So if anybody out there is in the same vote as me...riding BC solo all the time cause he's tired of getting held back by ultra-paranoid vibes, get in touch asap and well make some big plans...

and if a lack of expereince scares you away from these words and you still feel it, I am way down to share my knowledge of 20 years snowboarding (10 ski mountaineering) with you, providing you really want to learn some important shit and apply it to our volatile rocky mountain environ. in a meaningful and dedicated manner.

So anyone else please don't take offense...I am just looking for warriors and they be so hard to find...get back if you understand this,,,and even if you think this is tottaly arogant and want nothing to do with me I promise I wont bite if you wanna invite me along on some mellow tours on those sketchy days.

j-vil :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:15 pm 

PM sent