Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 100 days in the ES
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:40 am 

aloha! set a goal of over 100 days in the backcountry. looking for people to go with me on trips from lone pine to bishop (although i will go north when the low snow melts).

from LA area but have been in the ES for several weeks. i dont see myself leaving anytime soon due to the epic conditions! last 2 weeks have been really sweet except mostly i have been going out alone. i'm looking for people to go with! please e-mail me at .... if you are planning a trip to the ES and looking for someone to ride with.

i dont have a splitboard yet but am pretty dangerous with a pair of snowshoes! this past week i had five days out, two at armstong canyon and three up on cardinal - where i am returning today! i'm looking to attempt birch and the thumb when things stabilize, and this week (probably thurs) i am gonna attempt willie - n. fork bairs creek. anyone want to join me?

happy trails!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:51 pm 

If it looks like Williamson will be stable, I might be able to swing that. If Tyndall is in shape for a descent then I would really be psyched. I am not in good shape right now, though, as I am just coming off of an MCL tear. I may not be able to skin fast enough to do Williamson and/or Tyndall in 3 days.

Will email you re: the Thumb and Williamson... the Thumb at least would be very cool. Always interested in eastside partners for peak descents, and we could save a good bit on gas coming from LA if we carpool.

Post subject: I'll go
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:17 pm 

I'd be interested in a trip next weekend. I may be able to bring you a loaner split to use.
email me at stevebrezovec@gmail.com

Post subject: approaching 40 days
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:17 pm 

been working towards that goal. going out almost every day, mostly solo.
it has been an epic season, the storm cycle is still going!

got a splitboard today! whooohoooo a prior backcountry. made some practice runs and ready to skin it tomorrow:)

thanks to the people who replied to me so far. i have been in contact with (only) two good folks from this website and got to ride with someone this past weekend to attempt tyndall. a great time. my 1st real overnight on snow.

i plan to go back to the shepards pass area and super bowl all week. this is epic terrain! if anyone wants to join me you are welcome.

a little info about me: i'm 33 yrs old. single, male, unemployed but working hard in the mtns! this is my 2nd year riding the BC and have been skiing and boarding my whole life. i have a beacon and have taken the avy1 class. i am currently staying in big pine and will be in the owens valley working the in southern region of the eastern sierra at least till may sometime. aloha all!

Post subject: ES
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:44 pm 

hey Fuller,
How is the snow condition over there? I'm thinking to do a trip to eastern sierra next weekend and looking for someone to ride with. Hopefully the snow will finally settled by then.

bobby