Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:53 am 

Back from a week at Carson Pass and Kirkwood. Don't know if I'll make this trip, esp. with the drive. I may get a day in Tahoe, but might skip Tahoe all together and head north away from the traffic. Unless Tallac gets some freshies. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:59 am 

hmm...keep this post updated if you guys roll on the east.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:34 am 

Well, we've been waiting, watching the forecast, and according to NOAA, tahoe conditions might suck:
Quote:
THIS STORM HAS THE POTENTIAL TO PRODUCE SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING. ...
VERY COLD TEMPERATURES WITH THIS STORM WILL PRODUCE A POWDERY SNOW THAT CAN ACCUMULATE RAPIDLY

8)
Yep, looks like a terrible weekend in tahoe, but i might just stick around anyway.

Yeah, so it sounds like i'm sticking to tahoe and i'll save my vacation for a trip down south later. Sounds like bridgeport is gonna get similar results to tahoe, but the steeper stuff probably won't be safe yet. so i'll probably just to day trips up there from sac. Hit the tree runs on tallac, waterhouse, jakes, hidden, etc.... probably head up sunday, monday. maybe saturday as well.

Not stoked for the holiday traffic, but itchin' for powder again. Anyone want to hook up, PM me.
cheers,
abe

Here's my day job: employee#69519, Just a cog in the system :( http://www.gethappy.com/watchmore.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:40 am 

Ya. Red Slate et al. are natural avy paths, steep, narrow, and likely to be unstable. It would be unwise to do the proposed trip this weekend, based on the weather warnings and the ESAC avy forecast.

In other news, my knee is putting itself back together nicely, so with any luck there will be a few storms between now and the end of March, whereupon I'll start harassing people about Red Slate and Feather Peak again in a few weeks ;-)

Have fun and be safe this weekend, all. (don't end up like me... or worse)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:59 pm 

Heal up ttriche!

Towelie,
I'm on a similar plan for this weekend (Sun/Mon staying local), lets chat Sat night. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:24 pm 

If you guys don't mind me tagging along I'd like to meet some other splitters. Shoot me a PM, I'll be around all weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:29 pm 

sounds good dfinn...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:33 pm 

Yeah I wouldnt mine hooking up with you guys too. Comin from Central Cal up to Tahoe have not had a chance to ride in many areas around there with the split would be nice to hook up with some local knowledge. Be there sat night thru tues afternoon. Plus looking for some advice as to where to camp in the backcountry during stay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:07 pm 

Ridgerunner-many places to camp in Tahoe, but it's looking to be a cold (by Sierra standards) weekend. There are quite a few huts along the crest that run $10/night, check availability at sierraclub.org, it's a busy weekend. I'll be getting out tomorrow, probably Jake's if it's dumping (unless someone knows a better storm day spot close to the North shore), Sunday looks to be clear and cold, should be killer! Maybe I'll see some of y'all out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:14 pm 

BCR, Dfinn, PM'ed ya.

Heading up both sunday/monday if i get the green light from jenn.
Will do one of the usuals on sunday, but kinda wanna try something new on monday. ... maybe ski the north west face of tallac from bayview trailhead on monday if 89 is open.. I don't think the access is much longer than spring creek now that the sp. Creek road is closed.

Here's my day job: employee#69519, Just a cog in the system :( http://www.gethappy.com/watchmore.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:36 pm 

I'm out. I broke myself on my first run at the resort today. If I do get out in the BC tomorrow it's going to be something easy and mellow. It's my birthday so I might just get drunk tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:45 pm 

Bummer dude, but happy b-day! Given the circumstances, sounds like your plan for tonight is the right one. Hope ya recover quick.

We're going to jakes, meet at 7:30-->7:45. if anyone is interrested. look for a green civic with a Hula-girl doll on the dash.

Still looking for folks heading up monday too.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:13 pm 

Still thinking about tallac for tomorrow? I got the morning off from work but I think I'm going to stick around the rose area. From what I've heard we got the most snow in this area. I can vouch for 1 - 1.5 feet of extremely light, low moisture content snow. I got out today for about 1000 feet of that great snow. Let me know if you change your plans and want to head up this way.