Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Aspen CO
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:18 am 

Hey everyone, Im new to the forum and fairly new to splitting but not riding. Before splitting I was using snowshoes and the splitboard makes all the difference, of course! Avy 1 certified, have all the board and safety gear. Im typically around on weekends and looking to do any sort of tour, easy terrain to more difficult peaks in and around the Aspen area. Hope to get out there with some of you soon

Post subject: Re: Aspen CO
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:08 am 

Ryan89ride wrote:
Hey everyone, Im new to the forum and fairly new to splitting but not riding. Before splitting I was using snowshoes and the splitboard makes all the difference, of course! Avy 1 certified, have all the board and safety gear. Im typically around on weekends and looking to do any sort of tour, easy terrain to more difficult peaks in and around the Aspen area. Hope to get out there with some of you soon

Hey Ryan,
I'm down in New Mexico but I have a buddy in Aspen. I probably won't make it up there in the very near future but I will give you a holler when I do... and I will definitely be there Memorial day weekend when cdot opens up 82 over independence pass.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:19 am 

I'll be in CO April 18+19, hopefully riding BC. Experienced BC rider, new to splitting. Was planning on trying to do Silver Couloir on Buffalo Mountain if conditions are right but I'm flexible. Let me know if you will be around that weekend. I have a hotel booked in Silverthorne but might cancel it and just sleep in the van.

Excuse me while I powder my face.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:32 pm 

Hey chrishami I should be around during the Memorial weekend, and would love to meet up let me know.

powhound84 - i believe that I will be around that weekend and would probably be able to make it out towards Silerthorne. That looks like it would be a fun route on Buffalo Mtn.

you can also get a hold of me with a call or text - 845 323 6777
Ryan