Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone want to join up and ride February 26-March 2nd
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:19 am 

I have 5 days off next week and I am looking to go for a mini shred adventure....destination undecided.

I am based in Rossland and this is my 3rd season splitboarding. I have my AST1 and 2, all the necessary safety and rescue equipment and I am fit and a strong rider (or so I would like to think!).

If you have time free next week to get out and slash some of this new pow and earn some turns drop me a line.

My current thoughts are (1) Head west to whistler/duffy lake areas, (2) drop over the border into the state of Washington and hit Mt Baker or another zone, (3) journey to Revelstoke and tour Rogers Pass, or (4) I am totally open to ideas.

I intend on doing it the dirt bag way..I would love to overnight in BC cabins if possible.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Anyone want to join up and ride February 26-March 2nd
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:12 pm 

Your dates don't work for me as my parents are visiting and I'll be taking them around. But I wanted to mention that there's tons of new snow here (Whistler area) and stability will be increasing as time goes on. We'll likely be dealing with a persistent weak layer for some time but good choices will keep you safe and get you lots of pow! I bet the WB or Duffey touring will be amazing next week with much fewer tracks than normal.

Of course you can't go wrong with your other choices either, just wanted to help with some local beta as I can't ride with you. Have a good trip!