Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vancouver Splitboarders
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:46 pm 

My partner and I recently returned to Vancouver for work with every intention of taking time off to splitboard this winter. Living in an interior mountain town made it easy to connect with like minded riders and plan trips accordingly. Vancouvers vastness makes splitboarders hard to find.
We have AST1 and two years splitboarding experience with plans to take AST2 & CAA Operations Level 1 respectful. Our backcountry experience stems from the interior of BC including the Rossland range, Kootenay Pass, Revelstoke area/Rogers Pass. We've also had short trips in the Coquihalla, Mt. Baker and Thompson Pass Alaska.
We have coastal maps and are beginning our trip planning for 2014/15. It would be nice to connect with others, practice avalanche safety and see if our styles work for backcountry trips.

Post subject: Re: Vancouver Splitboarders
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:38 pm 

I also just moved to Vancouver from living in Calgary and the East Kootenays. I have my AST2 and 2 seasons touring experience. I have spent most of my time touring in the Rockies with a few trips in Rogers Pass.
Hoping to meet some other splitboarders that live in the Vancouver area. Looking to get out as much as possible this season with some multi-day cabin/camping trips. I work a 7 and 7 roster so I have every 2nd week off work