Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: midweek Wasatch partners
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:11 am 

I have an open mid week schedule and am trying to get out a lot to ride but my regular partners don't have the free time. I'd love to ride with any one regardless of experience level. I have a few years experience splitting and an avy 1 cert, great first aid skills, and am in average physical shape. Today I'm going on my second solo mission in less than a week so anyone who wants to get out please hit me up, call or text.

eight zero one three six nine three six two two.

Mike

Post subject: Re: midweek Wasatch partners
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:02 pm 

Mike
I am pretty available during the mid week as well. Have a couple of years experience splitting here in the wasatch. Let me know if you wanna get out anytime soon. Have found some good stuff near reynolds lately, this past weekend was still holding up well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:18 pm 

My midweeks are the only time I can get out. I'd be up for some touring if anyone wants to go. I'm still somewhat new. Started splitting last winter and have been through an avy 1 class. I've only gotten out once this season due to lack of partners during the week.

Get in touch if anyone wants to ride mon-thurs
801-94six-one76two

Hopefully that keeps my number from being too public. Hah

-Brad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:50 pm 

Brad I will definetly shoot you a text sometime this week. It is kinda thin out there right, well really thin but there is some good stuff to be had. Hit 10420 yesterday was holding up ok, right out sucked but oh well. Won't be able to ride until next week though, broke the heal cup on my bindings waiting for replacement. Like I said I'll send a text and hopefully we can get out soon.
Shayne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:17 pm 

Hey man! I'm available all of the time, as I am sort of, definitely, ski bumming it. Let me know whenever you want to get out. I have a full season (as I was in Chile during the summer) under my belt, avy 1, reading the essential books, etc. More interested in hitting the bigger lines, but also up for mellow hikes too. Let me know.

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:06 am 

Always looking for some partners, but only available Weds. and weekends.
I'd like to get out a few more times before the conditions totally disintegrate.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:02 pm 

Tiley
Certainly down to hit it Wednesdays and weekends. I have those days off so that works. The last 2 wednesdays have been really good. In the same boat, trying to get in as many days before we have nothing left. The snow has been right to hit some bigger lines, if you are up for that as well.
Shoot me a text if you want to get together this week. Just be sure to include that you are contacting me for a splitboard partner.
Shayne
801- 2 five 9- 4 four 31
(sorry trying not to let robots get my #) hope to hear from you soon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:50 pm 

Hi All,

I am back in Utah for a while after spending 4 years in the Alps doing my PhD (in Switzerland around Verbier, Chamonix and the likes). Currently looking for my next university positioning the US, but just hanging at my folks house in SLC till that happens. Free to go ride any day of the week.

Have a level 1 certification and 4 years of split boarding experience. Also know how to work the ropes and to climb plus glacier travel as a result of the alps for those more gnarly lines. I know glacier's won't come into play in utah, but just saying I got the alpine skills down as well.

I spent the last 90 days situated in Chamonix (post PhD vacation), riding pretty much all these lines in this Nate Wallace edit: http://www.epictv.com/media/podcast/set ... er_b=1&b=1

I have not done as much touring as last year because the riding right off the lifts was so damn good (7000ft pow laps, so why should I hike) and I had no need to get in my riding before working as I was not working this winter. Still have been riding literally every day and some touring days (no more than about 4000ft max, actually did one 6500ft day), but I'm still fit as I had to chase some of my ski rando race equipped friends up the hill when I was touring.

Gonna get my own phone soon, but for now give me a ring on this number 8 zero 1 nine one 8 6 2 zero two. I'm up for anything, even just beacon practice or an exploratory tour. I know the alps quite well, but the wasatch less so. First tour was at the start of my 2nd year in the alps.

Cheers
Arash Farhang

Some of my few trip reports. I like to ride more than spend time writing it up:

http://skisickness.com/post/vt466-a-cla ... s-mountain

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/show ... -26th-2013)?highlight=