Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Traveling around BC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:25 pm 

Hallo everyone,
I just arrived in Vancouver a week ago on my journey through British Columbia. I have three month to travel this beautiful country and I hope I have a lot of opportunities to get into the mountains and make some great powder turns.Today I bought my companion for the next - hopeflully years - a Prior Khyber :D
I will start my trip in Revelstoke this Monday. Than I want to travel around the powder Highway (Golden, Banff, Fernie, Nelson, Vernon) (about 6 weeks) before I hit back to Vancouver and maybe travel around Vancouver Island. Before I leave in the end of March I thought about hitting up to Prince George, Smither, Prince Rupert and mybe to Whitehorse. But my plans depend on the people I meet and I can write with and I think that they gone change a lot ;-)
I am traveling alone and I would be happy to meet some people alonge the way and to go on some tracks with them. I am new to splitboarding but I have over 15 years of Snowboard experience and good backcoutry riding skills as well as some avalanche experience and education trough I also do high altiude tours. But because I think the snowconditions here are a lot different to what I know in germany I also wanna do a AST course, unfortunately I didn´t finde a spot in one yet.
So if you would like to join me on my trip or have time to show me some tracks in your region I would be more than happy to get in contact and share some splitboarding and culture.
Oh and by the way, I´m writing about my journey on a blog, where I also want to prompte Splitboarding in germany because most people switch back to skies when they wanna hit the backcountry.
http://ju4splitboarding.wordpress.com/
Greetz Julian

Post subject: Re: Traveling around BC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:06 pm 

Hey,
anybody around Revelstoke wanna go to Rogers Pass the next days, Wednesday, Thoursday or Friday? The snow may be not the best, but I think it's worth going out there just for the view :D and the avalanche situation is quite okay right now. So if you hook up for a trip, just give me a text 604 505 3409

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:15 pm 

Let me know before/if you come to the island. Ill let you know the snow sotuation here right now itsbone of the worst snow years I have ever seen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:08 pm 

Whatcha up to on Saturday? I'm in Veron and could use a Rogers Pass adventure for the day.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:00 pm 

hallo,
I have a avi 2 course this and next weekend in Canmore and I would love to ride the area between the weekends. Is anyone up in the Canmore/Banff area there 24. -28.?
I did one tour there a little over a week ago and the mountains really cought me.
PM me up if you are up for some tours.
PS the weather forecast looks not too bad ether