Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: where are all the COLORADO front range go getters!?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:07 am 

Meant to say CP over RMNP not or. I went back and edited it.

Bear Lake TH is a great spot to start exploring. May still want your rock skis, but I've heard of people skiing Dragon's Tail early season before avi danger is too high. The Terrain Park usually holds some good snow. I was skiing Hidden Valley two years ago around this time, no problem. RMNP has everything, man.

Cameron has a lot, but it seems the quality for effort ratio is to high on the effort compared to RMNP. Built a jump up there Wednesday and it took a few hours to just get in and out. That was going back to were we knew the area, had a GPS and only had to set a skin track the last half. Still had some trouble trying to snowboard out. Access just seems easy at RMNP compared to that.

Enough Beta.... Who wants to come up here and check it out, see what its about? I'm unemployed and would be willing to do anything from day to camping trips. Only problem is I'm currently stranded in the Fort until the Jeep comes back to life (sometime next week) or a new truck shows up...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:27 pm 

Just pulled into the front range. Staying at a friends in ft collins right now and itching to get back on the split. No place to be and nothing to do but ride. If anyone wants to get after something I'm game. Your snowpack looks like hell but so does everyone else's so lets ride some low angle trees or something.

162 never summer DIY
Karakoram SL's

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:53 pm 

Thinking of hitting cp or rmnp tomorrow or sunday if anyone in the fort is interested.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:02 pm 

Yo, Living Up In Summit, Got Gear and Some Experience Down For Any Adventures Anytime.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:42 am 

Have a few weeks off and looking to get out & after it conditions permitting. Hit me up here & let's get out and tour! Snowpack has become much better stability wise and its dumping at my place right now. I have plenty of ideas that will be ready to go soon!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:50 pm 

Hey everyone. I'm looking for someone or a group of someones to go riding with this week. My usual partners have to work and I'm off from the 13th through the 17th. I'm in evergreen, so anything along the front range, summit county, etc... is good for me. I'm in ok shape and can do 4k in a day, but anything more and I start to really suck wind and complain about my legs being tired. Game for just about anything this week. Looks like we're getting a pretty awesome refresh this week, so please don't make me play alone on mini golf terrain!!!

I have splitboard (duh), avy gear and know how to use it (avy 1, but tour with avy 2 going for 3 and talk nothing but snow with that dude), have an axe and am comfortable on steep terrain, only problem is that I just switched to hard boots and don't have crampons at this point. I have some basic rock gear and harness should anything come up although I'm fairly new to the vertical world and don't know if I wanna venture there just yet.